One Of a Kind Pot lid.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Fantastic discovery, really an amazing find. The french quarter seems like something straight out of an old city in continental Europe. So much age it had me drooling the whole time. If I make my millions I want to live down there. Gotta have some country/bayou property to retreat to as well but the only other place in the US remotely as old and enchanting and alive are the colonial districts in Philly. Vibe is way better in NO though. And to have a unique artifact originating from deep in the past of that splendid area? Practically priceless. Thanks for sharing!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Relicsnstuff

Hi all, posting this pot lid, its a one of a kind so far and check out the street name on it.
Does this mean you've never seen another or is there a Potlid Forum that you're a member of and that nobody there has ever seen one before?

Gidday

Reaction score
Perhaps "unlisted" would be a better term than "one of a kind" epackage.

Thanks for the photos Relicsnstuff. Nice to see them all together. The blue Coxes for some reason occasionally turn up in Australia.

surfaceone

Reaction score
CC25C43990754FE1B1C2E744837C9A60.jpg

Hey Joseph,

Thanks for the additional photos. How Storyville, that they are "The Remedy" for social diseases.

storyville.jpg

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
epackage i have been digging and collecting New Orleans bottles for over 20 years and there is the New Orleans antique bottle club book which has over 1100 entries in it and is the bible as far as New Orleans bottles and they also have it covering bitters, medicines, whiskeys, pottery,ect, eveything New Orleans, if its not in there then its not known or listed, its a great referance book and anybody who collects New Orleans bottles its a must have, it is out of print and getting hard to come by, i have talked with the old diggers also about this lid and they confirm they have never seen one as well, I guess unlisted works as far as the book but we know Mr. Deloche is listed in the directory, so thats why i went with one of a kind, as of now, none of the New Orleans collectors have ever seen one either, while another could be dug, as of now this is it, i don't belong to any other forum, i did a lot of checking around, i think as i said before there must not have sold many of these as people have been digging in new orleans since the 60's and no others have been found, That is one of the great things about digging in New Orleans you have the chance to find just about anything there but the days of finding easy digging spots are gone and its getting harder all the time.

Thanks,

Joe.

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Gidday i never knew these were found in Australia, i guess they must have exported them, have you ever heard of any of Mr. Coxe's bottles being found in your area?

Joe.

Gidday

Reaction score
After the gold rush in California, many headed to Australia / Victoria for the worlds next big gold event cashed up. Goes to reason they brought with them or imported things they liked from the US... I was given my first Coxes lid from a local. Shoot “abcreview†a PM on potential Coxes bottles. He would likely be the most knowledgeable on here.

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Hi Gidday, i have been talking with the people who have a lot of background on New Orleans bottles ect and nobody had any idea that Coxes wares are found in Australia, I was wondering if the bottles are the same as found here, do they have New Orleans embossed on them, and are they pontiled, does the form think it would be o.k to post a picture or two of Coxes bottles under this form titled pot lids? just for information as i would like to find out more about his bottles found in your area.

Thanks,

Joe.

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Here is French lid we dug last week, this one is different as it looks like its for a doctor but its an import.

A213D16726E64D5DB41517D3C8A447D7.jpg

Attachments

• A213D16726E64D5DB41517D3C8A447D7.jpg
    A213D16726E64D5DB41517D3C8A447D7.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 167

Gidday

Reaction score
I can only confirm the lids have turned up Relicsnstuff. Would be interested to see some images of their bottles.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2