Opinions, please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I agree with Wilkie.. esp. if you keep stuff like THAT boxed up in the attic!![8D]

tigue710

Reaction score
so your saying I've dug 5 3k broken pickles instead of 5 700 dollar broken pickles? thanks a lot! lol... All the ones I see in that mold have good color...

here is a more recent one, dug one not long after this one in a small rocky farm dump...

this one was Iron pontiled

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I would rather find broken old glass then whole new glass.its just the feeling you get being in a old Pit/dump vs new.If you hear the wooden flutes playing you know your in a old one.[8D]

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tigue710

so your saying I've dug 5 3k broken pickles instead of 5 700 dollar broken pickles?  thanks a lot!  lol...  All the ones I see in that mold have good color...

here is a more recent one, dug one not long after this one in a small rocky farm dump...

this one was Iron pontiled

That's the exact mold, tigue. I knew it was a stretch that those could be Westerny. We do find them here, especially in the gold camps of the Sierra. Man, would I love to scare one up in amber.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wilkie

Man Mike, you should charge admission to your home. You've got some great stuff on the two walls that I can see and some beautiful bottles in the back ground too. I notice you got some bose speakers up there too, a little mood music while your admiring all your goodies?
Mine's not really much compared to other collections, but we do have some quality. I put the Bose setup in several years ago, but what I'd like to do is go wireless. Bose make the best quality for the buck. Local advertising is just another of my weaknesses.

earlyglass

Reaction score
Matt,

That deep yellowish emerald green is a GREAT color. If you find a whole one that is iron pontil... yeah, $3000 no problem in my opinion. FIND A WHOLE ONE! :)

Any more information about the Russian beauty?

Mike

cyberdigger

Reaction score
...pickle or soda... hmmmm..... SOOOODAAAAAâ„¢

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: sewellbottleman

Mike what a collection you have there hiding in the background.You have to ask yourself am I better off making the trade will I miss the soda bottle.It comes down to that plane and simple.
Are you talking about the whiskies, or the Lyons? Those little bug bottles are just another of my many "addictions". Yeah, a yellow green pickle would maybe curl my toes. LOL

tigue710

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: earlyglass

Matt,

That deep yellowish emerald green is a GREAT color. If you find a whole one that is iron pontil... yeah, $3000 no problem in my opinion. FIND A WHOLE ONE! :)

Any more information about the Russian beauty?

Mike

it was a heartbreaker for sure... it was lying directly under a rock, every other bottle around it whole... The color was amazing for sure, deeeeeep...

the others I've found in the same mold broken were all emerald tealish...

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Cyberdigger, the SOOOODAAAA in question was the one on the far right in this photo. I'm inclined to hang on to it, at least for a better trade. Many folks want this little gem, but I'm in no hurry. I dug it about 10 yrs ago, in a small privy behind a 1850s farm house.

510BD758BBD34B228A398CAD13CFC648.jpg

Attachments

• 510BD758BBD34B228A398CAD13CFC648.jpg
    510BD758BBD34B228A398CAD13CFC648.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 122

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1