Original Packaging and Stamp.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Hi all! I was garage salein' today and came across a whole box full of Dr. Kay's Cattarh Cure, Uticure, Uterine Tonic, Kidneycura, and Pile Cure. I also got 3 bottles of Rexall Rubbing Oil and Rexall Liver Salts (cobalt blue bottle) and 3 containers of Purtest Drop Chalk U.S.P. I thought they were all bottles when I bought them but I couldn't tell. They all have the original wrap, in most cost the original stamp on the top and the directions on the outside and inside packaging. The majority of these are in wooden tubes and are pill form. These are what I would expect to see if I went to a museum. I was wondering is there any real value to the wooden tubes? The original packaging is very cool looking. I just don't collect the wooden tubes and I'm interested in selling them. All the packages have original contents. Should I advertise the whole lot or break it down to individual packages? Any help and comments will be appreciated. Thanx, Jason

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I've seen the wood tubes get passed on ebay under bottles. Tins seam to do better. Maybe they do better somewhere in science and medical. I think they're related enough and like them.
Still, if it says "Cure" that's almost a magic word. Full can't hurt either.

capsoda

Reaction score
I have seen them sell complete but rarely do the tubes alone sell. Like Eric said maybe under another catagory like advertising.

swizzle

Reaction score
I don't have any that are just the tube. They all have the pills in the tube and as far as I can tell from the one that I did open they have the instruction sheet around the tube. Then foil and then "an illustrated guide to health" followed by the fully printed outside wrap and then the tax stamp on top. I'm hoping to find out how they do ebay and then maybe I'll throw the whole lot on there. I have a total of 22 pieces, 4 boxes with full bottles, 2 packages of pile cure and 16 tubes. Jason

capsoda

Reaction score
They should do ok full and in good shape.

Boy they sure made alot of meds for haemorrhoids, diaherra, stomach and other lower body places.

swizzle

Reaction score
Dr. B. J. Kay's Medical Co. is semi-local. It is or was in Saratoga Springs. That's maybe 50 miles from here. I sent an e-mail to the Saratoga Springs historical society asking them if they would be interested in purchasing some for their museum. I haven't got a reply yet but when I do I'll let you know what they said. I figured its worth a shot. I don't expect to get top dollar from a museum but if its for the people then I'll cut them a good deal. If they aren't interested then I'll charge a few extra bucks to a private collector. I'm also thinking of donating a few to my own local museum. I paid $60 for the whole lot and at this point I'd be happy to make $100 after shipping. Jason

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4