oval or flask amber bottle shard with nature-themed embossing of leaves, reeds or rocks and mountains. Any help with ID is appreciated.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CheetoBandito

Reaction score
I have found a large shard of an amber glass bottle, oval or flask shaped, Owens-Illinois bottle, with a beatiful embossing of reeds and rocks? I will attach pictures. Does anyone recognize this ? what is it from? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Brown shard.JPG
    Brown shard.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 128
  • brown shard 3.jpg
    brown shard 3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 121

willong

Reaction score
I have found a large shard of an amber glass bottle, oval or flask shaped, Owens-Illinois bottle, with a beatiful embossing of reeds and rocks? I will attach pictures. Does anyone recognize this ? what is it from? Thanks in advance
Wish I could help; but I'm looking forward to see what your inquiry turns up. Good luck!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Reminds me of the Old Quaker Whiskey bottles from shortly after Prohibition, but I can't find any that quite fit. Regardless it's most likely some sort of whiskey from that era, when the bottles were very elaborately embossed. There's a good chance that there was a picture of someone standing on top of the grass and rocks, even if it wasn't the old Quaker.

K6TIM

Reaction score

CheetoBandito

Reaction score
Reminds me of the Old Quaker Whiskey bottles from shortly after Prohibition, but I can't find any that quite fit. Regardless it's most likely some sort of whiskey from that era, when the bottles were very elaborately embossed. There's a good chance that there was a picture of someone standing on top of the grass and rocks, even if it wasn't the old Quaker.
Thank you very much for your insight.

K6TIM

Reaction score
A base of a 39-40's beer bottle by ILLINOIS bottling company.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28