Paying taxes on bottle sales

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ktbi

Reaction score
Do the Bottle Auction houses report the amount you receive from selling through them? I'm sure that a certain dollar amount is required by law to be reported, but is that figure for a single bottle sale or cumulative for the entire year? Thanks...Tons

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ktbi

Do the Bottle Auction houses report the amount you receive from selling through them? I'm sure that a certain dollar amount is required by law to be reported, but is that figure for a single bottle sale or cumulative for the entire year? Thanks...Tons
They better, unless they like to be the 'new wife' to their cellmate in federal prison...

AlexD

Reaction score
For what I know, if your income from sales is under $400/year it's considered a hobby. Anything higher is considered income and needs to be taxed. They're screw you anyway they can [&:]

ktbi

Reaction score
Thanks all. I keep accurate records for what I paid, so if I do ever sell, I can deduct the cost and pay taxes on profit only...Ron

epackage

Reaction score
I read this all wrong, I thought you were asking if the auctioneer reports the items he sells and the money he makes on them.... BRAIN FART!!! I'm not sure what the scoop is the other way but I have to imagine there's a certain amount they are required to report just like lottery winnings or horse racing tickets which are both $600+ here in NJ I think...

CreekWalker

Reaction score
The new tax laws and regulations are coming soon, on collectibles and out of state/in-state internet sales. It is very intrusive! First part has cleared the senate and some sections have passed. It is a shame, that our government continues to tax small business people out of their businesses. On local barter and person to person private transactions are left to regulate. Our King Obi-mi- ward of the state, wants us to kiss his royal money grubbing, power hungry ass even more.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Ask yourself what is fair about even more tax on the overtaxed? http://www.coinweek.com/bullion-report/a-bureaucratic-nightmare-in-the-making/

coldwater diver

Reaction score
A lesson to those who are swayed by such vauge comments such as "Hope and Change", ktbi now its time to "pay your fair share" (whatever that means).

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward