Pennslvania coal region soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

welddigger

Reaction score
Well, it wasn't that great I guess?? It only went to 20.50$ and I can,t let it go for that. Looks like I'll have to wait for a show.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
What exactly IS the "coal region" of PA?
I'm thinking the western 3/4 of the state ??
Teach me the truth [;)]

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
" coal region " usually refers to area from Jim Thorpe up to Wilkes-Barre and west toward Pottsville. there are some really fine looking colored sodas from this area. coal dust made a miner very thirsty.......

towns such as; hazelton, schuykill haven, ashland, minersville, summit hill etc

Jim

Reaction score
That is a nice and rather unusual soda. I have one, but you almost never see them. You made the right choice, there's no way I would let one of them go for 20 bucks. I have tried to research R.W. Budd, but never found much information on him. ~Jim

wedigforyou

Reaction score
Tough time to sell anything. Good you had a reserve on the bottle. Until you pay your ebay and Paypal fees you'd get about $16.00. Add a value for your time and gas to take it to the post office it's not worth it.

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
coal region area could make a big come back if the clean coal technology can be fully developed. i'd imagine with new technology and mining methods we could probably mine up there for 20 years. it's been a rough ride for many of the folks in that area. not too many good jobs, and these gasoline prices really affect those who need to drive many miles to work.

jim

GuntherHess

Reaction score
They are making a come back in some places... China doesnt care if the coal is clean, if it burns they will buy it[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese