Peoria SS coke eBay score

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
I got a great slugplate straight side coke off the bay for what I consider to be quite a steal. It was listed in the coca-cola category so it may have slipped under the radar. I was under the impression that the SP cokes from here were pretty darn hard to find, harder than the other blown Peoria cokes, so for 24 bucks I couldn't complain at all. Can't wait to get it in the mail!

2cc3.JPG

It has a few dings but it will do adequately until I can dig a better one! It has the same embossing as the huge one I dug with a busted top a while back:

9221_920760750930_1937295_52474536_4788860_n.jpg

TJSJHART

Reaction score
great find...it's amazing that the bottle you dug is in better shape then the fleabay find . but it's one you want and it was there and your waitting for that perfect one that is waittin to be shown the lite of day...good luck

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
me n you need to take a count to see which one of us has more peoria bottles. not including duplicates, but size and color variants count.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Interesting proposition Drew, I can tally up the ones I have here at school, but plenty of the lesser ones are at home. Probably accumulated close to 200 different P-town bottles or more so far though. I assume you mean just embossed, or do ACLs count too? Count em up and let me know man!

epackage

Reaction score
The embossing on the large broken one doesn't appear to be the same as the first picture, it's somewhat different, not that it matter's I'm just pointing it out.
Jim

Plumbata

Reaction score
Yeah, it is oriented differently, but both read "The Coca Cola Bottling Co. Peoria, ILL" in the same order. They were made by different glass works though, the small one by IGCo supposedly and the large by Root.

epackage

Reaction score
I find thousands of cokes here since there was a coke factory in Paterson for so many years but I don't even have one in my collection. I need to go up by the old drive-in / make out area and get me a few different cokes to display....

Jim

Plumbata

Reaction score
So do you find thousands of them and just leave 'em, or sell them? You need to hit the hills and get yourself some good examples for the Paterson collection, if not a nice Paterson gal to make out with as a tasty bonus for your efforts too! [;)]

Most hobbleskirts aren't worth anything, but they are attractive and fun to find regardless. Get some rare southern or western ABM cokes and you may have a fortune in your hands, however. Crazy how that works, but it is the demand which dictates the prices. Peoria hobbleskirts are worth essentially nothing on the market, but I have yet to find thousands of them. I do enjoy digging them even if I can't get 1.00 for em though. darn pretty bottles.

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata
You need to hit the hills and get yourself some good examples for the Paterson collection, if not a nice Paterson gal to make out with as a tasty bonus for your efforts too

ive been to patterson, i dont remember seeing ANY kind of tasty looking girls there. some pretty scary ones though.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS