Pfeiffer can on eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Noticed this what looks to be a common Johnny Pfeiffer blue pants, black shoes can, but shows no can maker. I know there's one can that was made by National Can Co. that's not shown in the book, but I've never seen this version before seeing the listing.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (198).jpg

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Noticed this what looks to be a common Johnny Pfeiffer blue pants, black shoes can, but shows no can maker. I know there's one can that was made by National Can Co. that's not shown in the book, but I've never seen this version before seeing the listing.
I wonder if the height is correct. Appears to have some work on the lids. Slight indenting along the body next to the lid. A sheet that was possibly rolled? May have never had a maker mark or it got hidden when rolling the sheet into a can. Maybe Leon will know.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I wonder if the height is correct. Appears to have some work on the lids. Slight indenting along the body next to the lid. A sheet that was possibly rolled? May have never had a maker mark or it got hidden when rolling the sheet into a can. Maybe Leon will know.
I kinda wondered the same, but judging on how many bids and the price for what should be a very common can, makes me wonder even more. I figure Leon my know also when he chimes in.

hemihampton

Reaction score
the seam & lids look slightly odd but not enough to determine a obvious roll job. Maybe, maybe not. as for that variation a well known common variation, not as common as the American can co keglined version but still common. the National can much tougher & the three C's CCC Continental Can co. extremely tough, I still don't have that variation. Your can a $30 can in my opinion. LEON.

5differentyellowpfeifferbacks.JPG
5YellowPfeiffers.JPG

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
the seam & lids look slightly odd but not enough to determine a obvious roll job. Maybe, maybe not. as for that variation a well known common variation, not as common as the American can co keglined version but still common. the National can much tougher & the three C's CCC Continental Can co. extremely tough, I still don't have that variation. Your can a $30 can in my opinion. LEON.

View attachment 250265View attachment 250266

Thanks for the info Leon, the can is an eBay listed can that I just happened to look at, odd that I hadn't seen the version before. I do have a Cans Inc. version.

hemihampton

Reaction score
The toughest, rarest Pfeiffer is probably the Olive Drab Camouflage WW11 Can. even though I probably seen more of those then the CCC can. another sleeper variation is the first Pfeiffer produced after the WW11 with a 1946 date code & zipper (5 teeth) seam like the O.D. & flat bottom lid with no pressure beads in lid & I.R.T.P. LEON.

Pfeiffer5toothseamindoor2.JPG

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen