Picked up a nice Apple Green today.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rallcollector

Reaction score
Unfortunately, repro 1/2 pint perfect masons have been around for a while. Scroll 1/2 way down this page and the repros are discussed & pictured here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~raclay/DatingBalljars.HTML
The gentleman that wrote the page, Bob Clay, to my knowledge is no longer actively involved in the jar hobby. Too bad, he was a data base of jar information.

Your 1/2 gallon looks legit, it does not look color stained. The offset "PERFECT MASON" lettering 1/2 gallons are relatively easy to find in a darker, almost true green color. Your apple color is uncommon. Nice pick up.
Paul

FitSandTic

Reaction score
I really like the perfect mason it is a nice bright color. Congrats on the new additions.

Trailrunner1974

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have read his page before I guess I should have specified as far as half gallons and Quarts go since those are the ones you usually find in the range of colors. Ive never seen the repo half pints in person but have run across many of the Mason Pat reproductions. Ran across a couple a few weeks ago of the newer ones being made and scary how good they look. There getting better and better at making them.

junkyard jack

Reaction score
Two very nice jars. Love the split personality on the Ball Ideal. The offset Perfect Mason is a great color, very bright green. Is it a 56 oz. jar rather than a true half gallon? As far as the lid looking brand new, it is still fairly easy to find boxes of NOS Ball lids at flea markets, antique malls, etc.
Very nice finds [sm=thumbup1.gif]

Trailrunner1974

Reaction score
Hey Junkyard it is the 56oz or it appears to be its a little smaller than my other HG.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776