Pitkin-type flask

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Crackers

Reaction score
Re: RE: Pitkin-type flask

For anyone who's interested, I've definitely identified the flask. It's a reproduction from Pairpoint Glass ("PG") on Cape Cod. They seem to have made various bottles, inkwells and such using traditional techniques a while back, using the clear blue-green glass seen in the photos I posted.

Bixby Bill

Reaction score

That bottle was commissioned by the either the Manchester (CT) Historical Society or the Pitkin Glass Works Ass., a group dedicated to preserving and studying the Pitkin Glass Works, about 10 or 15 years ago to be made for some anniversary of either the Pitkin Works or Manchester, CT. They sold these Pitkin type flasks and amber Pitkin type inkwells, all made by Pairpoint I believe, to raise money. They are very well made, but they are much heavier than the originals and the color certainly sets them apart. I sold one at Bruce Ingraham`s auction, along with other bottles, a few years ago. If you bought it at his auction back a while, it may have been mine!

glass man

Reaction score

Just want to add..bottom wear don't always mean any thing..I have pontiled bottles and have had pontiled bottles that have had little or no bottom wear on them..not ruling that out..just it is not always a certain clue as to age..JAMIE

Crackers

Reaction score

Bixby Bill: It was indeed at an Ingraham auction, in a box lot of bottles and other glass. But this was just a couple of months ago, so it must have been somebody else's commemorative Pitkin flask.

annienme

Reaction score

Hello all, Here it is late December and I'm sorry that I'm just reading this very interesting thread about the reproduction Pitkin-type flask. I've been collecting these flasks for over 30 years and enjoy them for the skill and craft that went into blowing them. This reproduction example by Pairpoint is a good one and certainly worth keeping in a window. I see there are already knowledgeable collectors here but I'd be honored to participate in any discussion about Pitkin-type glass.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Green Mountain Mom