Pittsburgh Flasks - Private Collection being auctioned

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
Here is a link to Dargate Auctions - they are previewing now and the auction starts Feb 12th (3 days)...

You can even go and preview or email questions...it's a live on line auction and they have literally tons of stuff...
BUT...if you scroll down to items #2611 thru 2618....you will see what I believe are some real treasures...they give page #'s to books the flasks are listed in...

I think I've stumbled on to some treasures here...I can't afford them...but I thought someone from here might be interested!

Here's the link...let me know what you think????

http://www.dargate.com/current/cat.html

NOTE: There's A LOT of stuff here and if you're looking for something in particular just do "Control + F" and type in the word you are looking for...it will bring you to the first one and then just keep hitting "find" to take you all the way through it...otherwise you could spend hours here LOL...click on the lot #'s for the picture!

surfaceone

Reaction score
1645b.jpg

"1645B
HISTORIC 19TH C PITTSBURGH GLASSWORKER PHOTOGRAPHS. Two 19th c. photographs of glass workers on Pittsburgh's South Side. Includes: (1) sepia photo of young boys and men glass works. 5"H, 7"W. (1) historic photo of works at US Glass Co. Factory "F". S. 9th and Bingham St. South Side. 7 1/2"H, 9 1/2"W. Condition: both with age appropriate wear. Provenance: Estate of Miles Bausch.
100 - 150"

2370.jpg

"2370
IHMSEN SUGAR BOWL. Ihmsen (McKee) pressed glass sugar bowl, produced by McKee Glass, wrongly attributed to C. Ihmsen factory as seen in L. Innes 1976 book on Pittsburgh glass. Pressed glass sugar bowl with 9 panels around bowl, five with McKee Excelsior pattern pressed glass items, decanter, goblet, covered sugar, ale, spillholder. Sixth panel with Ashburton decanter, seventh with flute goblet, eighth panel with Star spillholder, ninth panel with hexagonal candlestick. No mark. Size: 3 1/2"H, 5"Diam. top, 2 3/4"Diam. base. Condition: no lid, chips on top rim. Provenance: Estate of Miles Bausch. See illustration p. 303 Innes, Pittsburgh Glass 1797-1893, 1976. See description pp. 302-303, Innes, Pittsburgh Glass.
100 - 150"

2612.jpg

"2612
19TH C. L F & CO. UNION AQUA FLASK. (Circa 1860-1880) Pittsburgh aquamarine Union flask, front with clasped hand in shield marked Union L F & Co., verso with eagle and shield above cartouche marked Pittsburgh Pa. Referred to by Lowell Innes as the "Mystery Flask" (see text p. 218 Innes, Pittsburgh Glass 1797-1891, 1976). Size: 9 1/2"H, 5 1/4"W widest part. Condition: age appropriate wear. Provenance: Estate of Miles Bausch.
200 - 300"

Thanks Tinna,

There sure is a lot of stuff there. I tried to not look too hard, for fear of really finding something I wanted...

justanolddigger

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, they do have some nice flasks. I do think they lose credibility when they list a 1970's lestoil bottle as 19th century Washington flask, even though I think that lot #2616 is overall the best lot. If they know that little about bottles, do they know enough to completly cover condition?? Who knows, overall I am a gambler, it might be worth a shot.

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
I've never bought from them...for it not being a "glass" specialty auction...I think they did an overall good job...I only wish they had more pics...but for all the items they have it probably took forever to list and post the one pic.

The actual auction doesn't start till the 12th...if you know someone in the area that could go and check em out that would be great...or try and email to get additional pics or specific questions answered.

I'm not even sure how the actual auction goes...they show estimated $$$ but is the low # their start in bid ... or ??? Will be interesting to see...their website shows past auctions and what stuff sold for...I'll have to check it out tomorrow....I don't even know if the $$$ they show is right or not...I always look for bottles/jars and this time I found some! Just wanted to share! Plus...they have a lot of other great stuff too - I completely missed those glass works pics - those are cool!

Anyhoo...have fun!

**That's a good eye picking out that Lestoil...I went back and looked at the pic...that glass stands out from the others when you really look at it! ...that's why it's good to be able to talk/share on this forum...I do learn SO much!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey