Please help identify 2 jars found in basement

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

spirithunter222

Reaction score
Hello, I hope that someone will be able to help me. I found 2 jars under some boards in my basement. One is a aqua Ball perfect mason jar with the dropped a. It's a pint size. I've spent hours trying to find some information but I haven't found out much. The bottom of the jar has a number 3 with a line under it. The second jar actually looks like a decanter. It's a Seagrams Seven Crown bottle. It has a tax stamp that I traced to somewhere between 1934 - 1974. The bottle is 12 inches tall. The front of the bottle comes into the shape of a diamond with the decanter lid made up of several diamond shapes. There are several markings on the bottom D-125. The letter I in a circle and 55 3 69. I appreciate any help that anyone could give. Thanks!

David E

Reaction score
Hi the mark with I inside circle is Owens Ill. Since 1954.
Someone might have better on the Ball as I don't understand what you mean by droped A, I show three Ball Perfect Masons all one to two dollars and another machine made in green for 2 to 4 dollars, also a Ball Perfection Handmade Quart with glass lid $45.00.

Dave

Dirty Dog

Reaction score
David-

What does a "handmade" perfection jar look like & how do you know it's handmade?

Still learning

spirithunter222

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I'll try to post a picture of these bottles later today it may make it easier to help me.

David E

Reaction score
Hi my information on the Ball Perfection is from the book 1000 fruit jars by Bill Schroeder (1994). It shows Ball in script and PERFECTION under Ball in caps.
Says handmade, Aqua. quart,glasslid,zinc band
It's an old book so prices may have changed.
Dave

spirithunter222

Reaction score
Thanks David. Sorry I haven't been able to post a picture yet. Do you know the years that the Ball jar was made? I found 1923 - 1933, but I don't know if that's correct. Thanks for all your help!

David E

Reaction score
Only know that fruit jars started back in 1800's, someone who works fruit jars could answer that

Dave

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
If you have identified the age of the tax stamp then the Seagrams would probably date 1964-74 unless it's marked "Federal Law Forbids Sale or Reuse...". That was used on most liquor bottles meant for sale in the US from about 1934-64.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4