poison bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

satin

Reaction score
Heya all.
I came across two of these poison bottles (pictured below). Whilst helping to clear out some of my belated farther "junk".
As I've seen bottles sell at auctions before for unbelievable prices, I decided to hang on to them and find out how much they are worth before throwing them out!
These bottles seem quite large to others I have seen on this website, and as u can tell from the photo's I can't even get my hand around one. I would say it hold nearly 2ltrs of liquid.
On the bottom of the bottles there are some numbers they are as follows....
R 615
8 80 5
UGB

Both appear to be in perfect condition, and both come with the original brown glass stoppers.
The bottles have no cracks, or leaks, as when we found them they still contained some kinda poison. They must have been sat in the shed for a good 30yrs.

Anyone know how much these two identical bottles are worth?

Pm34840.jpg

satin

Reaction score
pic of bottom

R 615
8 80 5
UGB

Jh14466.jpg

Attachments

• Jh14466.jpg
    Jh14466.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 99

Mihai

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Your bottles used to hold bleach. I've found some smaller ones in a dump in my back garden, smashed to pieces, unfortunately, but I managed to glue them in two bottles, as a jigsaw exercise.

Not much value I'm afraid as they are not too old, 1950s I would say. Nevertheless quite good looking.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1