Found 2 Mason's Flat Top Soda Cans

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
just found these at that new dump site that i found , alot more broken bottles but found 4 flat top cans , these 2 are for Mason's .

don't seem to say a flavour but say " Premium Soft Drinks " in french and english so they must be canadian not US . also says 2 full glasses on top rim and 12 oz on side . must be pretty early interms on soda cans , too bad they just sat out there and rusted this long

the first picture is as i found them and second after a quick wash to try and clean off some of the dirt , but definitely never found or even seen these ones before

anyone else seen them or know more about them ?

DSC06068.JPG
DSC06070.JPG
DSC06072.JPG
DSC06074.JPG
DSC06076.JPG
DSC06077.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
note i looked at the other 2 flat top cans i found , the one is for pepsi but really damaged , was another flat top and so rusted i could not ID it but after cleaning a bit revealed enough to say its an " orange crush " flat top but really rusted

hemihampton

Reaction score
The Canadian Masons are priced at $200 in the Soda Book. I have the American Versions. Leon.
P1050638.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Great find on those! The paint is in fantastic condition for a flat top, shame about the holes though. Typically I'd think those would clean up fantastically with an acid soak but I don't know if I'd risk it with all that corrosion, especially the one on the left. Looks like the site is definitely worth going back to! The other two you found should clean up pretty well too if they're at all legible before soaking in acid.

Strange that they don't seem to say the flavour anywhere on them. I wonder if the flavour was stamped on the top or something.

Not sure if you remember this thread, there are some advertisements there which show your cans: https://www.antique-bottles.net/threads/masons-10oz-orange-and-cola.695091/

RCO

Reaction score
Great find on those! The paint is in fantastic condition for a flat top, shame about the holes though. Typically I'd think those would clean up fantastically with an acid soak but I don't know if I'd risk it with all that corrosion, especially the one on the left. Looks like the site is definitely worth going back to! The other two you found should clean up pretty well too if they're at all legible before soaking in acid.

Strange that they don't seem to say the flavour anywhere on them. I wonder if the flavour was stamped on the top or something.

Not sure if you remember this thread, there are some advertisements there which show your cans: https://www.antique-bottles.net/threads/masons-10oz-orange-and-cola.695091/

have found a couple Mason's cans before but they didn't look like these ones and not this early .

the one add said they had 7 flavours so had to be some way to identify what flavour in each can than just packaging .

alot of other cans and metal stuff lying around but appeared to be more oil type or food cans , wasn't really seeing alot of soda type cans or beer

hemihampton

Reaction score
Flavor could be on top lid? seems like I may of seen that before on other cans/items.

Canadacan

Reaction score
These are indeed Canadian, and the flavor was marked on the top lid of these 12oz cans. Packed by Bev-Pac Limited, Toronto.
I know they were distributed in St. Johns as early as 1955 and came in a 4 pack, 7 available flavors.
By 1960 they were advertising a new can in 5 flavors available across Canada, 10oz size as the claim became 'more than a glass full'
I know the product was in Manitoba in 1958, but I don't think it made it any further west.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator