Polish Art Nouveau Jewish Kosher for Passover Vodka bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jaymshultz

Reaction score
I only collect bottles of any type with a Judaica relation, whether they have a Jewish Six-Pointed Star of David, Kosher, yiddish/hebrew writing etc...

But this is one of my "prizes" for sure. Although the beautiful green bottle is a relatively easier to find basic "Der Lachs" distillery type from Danzing (Gdansk) and often contained Goldwasser (Liquor with 22 Karat gold flakes), this was a special production Kosher for Passover variety with original Art Nouveau label "Pejsachowka". "Pesach" being the Hebrew word for Passover.

Applied seal with a Jewish Star insignia with a fish and Initials IWL. Initials IWL standing for Isaac Witwe Ling. Applied lip and "Der Lachs" embossed on both sides flanked by two salmons.

Passover is an 8 day long Jewish holiday that commemorates the Jews’ Exodus from slavery in Egypt. During this holiday, Jews eat only an unleavened bread called “matza†and all other bread and general grain products cannot be eaten or even be in the home. Hence, special Kosher for Passover vodka and other liquors made of plum, potato etc…are used.

For any Judaica to have survived Europe after the devastation of the Holocaust is incredible, but for a Jewish bottle that is specially produced once a year to survive with its original label in mint condition is amazing. Hence, it’s one of my “prizesâ€

-Jay

Any thoughts on it? Any idea of value? Of course if anyone has any bottles with Jewish Stars (including many Hartwig Kantorowitz varieties), Hebrew etc…please let me know as I would love to just see pictures of it. Ideally I’d like to buy it from you ;)

jaymshultz at yahoo dot com

Vt58530.jpg

Attachments

• Vt58530.jpg
    Vt58530.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 88

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I have a Leist Brewing Company Cleveland beer for sale on my website that has a star of David on the side. Its hand blown made right after 1900.

http://www.mattsoldhouse.com/MC/bottles/soda.htm

Mk25918.jpg

Attachments

• Mk25918.jpg
    Mk25918.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 92

jaymshultz

Reaction score
I have a Leist Brewing Company Cleveland beer for sale on my website that has a star of David on the side. Its hand blown made right after 1900.

http://www.mattsoldhouse.com/MC/bottles/soda.htm

Thanks, but I have this variety in my collection already.
-Jay

botil

Reaction score
Some Star of David bottle photos to share.
The first one is similar at yours, without IWL but with one salmon and applied lip.

Ay75335.jpg

Attachments

• Ay75335.jpg
    Ay75335.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 94

botil

Reaction score
Next is a Hamilton soda embossed: WARRINGTON/BOTTLING & AERATED WATER Cº LIMITED/TRADE MARK.

Yw66895.jpg

Attachments

• Yw66895.jpg
    Yw66895.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 87

botil

Reaction score
Another pick

Yw66999.jpg

Attachments

• Yw66999.jpg
    Yw66999.jpg