Pontiled Cologne

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Monsonant

Reaction score
Another lucky Flea Market find . Found it a week ago for $3 . It 's 6" tall and hinged case pontiled .
I have always assumed that these were perfume / cologne bottles and that they were European in origin. I have seen some with labels that were used for Medicines and Inks that were American in manufacture. I would guess that they date around 1850s . There must have been enough US glass works around at this time and that importing would have been costly. This makes me think that they may have been made in the US .
Does anyone know where these may have been made or could anyone point to a reference site. I also do not know the value as I have never owned on before . The glass is much cleaner that it appears in the photo . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Dave Anderson

Us53061.jpg

Attachments

• Us53061.jpg
    Us53061.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 63

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Dave...

It doesn't seem as if your photo came thru... But, by the way, I live just up the way from you in Ashfield, MA... What types of bottles do you collect? Maybe I have some you'd want to purchase...

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Dave...

Suddenly, I can see the photo!!! Looks like a nice one!!! I'd say cologne, but possibly a food product like a fancy oil... Just a guess...

Ron

KentOhio

Reaction score
That's a great bottle and a great price! I'd say it's a cologne or perfume. It is unusually large; most I see are around 3 inches tall. Having never seen one that big before, I'd say I'd expect it to sell for $100.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1