Pricing Guide Help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stickeygreen4476

Reaction score
I have a small collection of bottles that im trying to grow on a limited budget and limited digging time. Im most interested in pre 1900 sodas/beers and hutches. Does anybody have an idea as to were I could get a price guide that would cover the lower end bottles to make sure the little money I spend is not wasted?

jays emporium

Reaction score
I don't know if a price guide exists that would really help you but I have some advise. The type of bottles you mentioned are readily available with a wide range of prices. If you shop around at antique malls, flea markets and especially at bottle shows you can find many nice embossed hand blown sodas and beers for under $10. You might find the same bottle priced form $5. to $50. at different places because most people don't have any idea what they are worth. If you set a limit on what you want to spend per bottle, say no more than $10.00, you wouldn't lose much even if you bought a real common bottle.
Good luck with your collection.
Jay

Stickeygreen4476

Reaction score
There is a whole bunch of antique shops not to far from me I check them out a few times a year but they are just not worth it for me. This one place I had to go in this back cave area and dig a bottle out of a trash can it was a clear colored hutch. I took it up front and asked what they wanted for this bottle. The person working the counter asked sombody via the phone how much for the bottle. This place had lots of bottles all over the store. She never mentioned the name or type of bottle and gave me a price of 28.00 and said they could do it for 24. I have never been been back since.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1