RABCA Show & Sale OCT. 1 2005 - Richmond, Va.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hello all -
Here's a flyer (my design) for our show coming up real soon. I'll be set up there w/ an exhibit, hopefully and just might do a sales table as well. I'd love to see anyone that can make it. I can also give you more details if you need them or direct you to someone who can help. I'll also be there the Friday night before lending a hand.

Hope to see you there!

Om33783.jpg

Attachments

• Om33783.jpg
    Om33783.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 95

whiskeyman

Reaction score
WOW ...what an eye-catching flyer. !!! WTG !!!

I'm gonna try and make it MEECH....dunno about settin' up tho. I ain't got much available stock/merchandise ta sell.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Was just recollectin'...I went one year and stayed with Randy Faison...follered him to the showplace....After the show I started home but got lost somehow(?)....anyway was driving along and saw a sign for hwy 11E..I knew that hwy would soon get me en route to home as it runs thru here...SOOOooo....I follered it and ended up in downtown Richmond...the old decrepit section...not a good place for a feller with a rebel flag license tag on front of his car ta be[:eek:]
nope...But I made it thru safely...just had ta go around peeps standin' in the street a few times,too...[&:]

BTW...I no longer have that tag...it went with the car when I sold it...I miss that car....1970 Plymouth RoadRunner...383 Magnum...Hurst pistol-grip 4-speed. It would flat fly. Did sell it for more than I paid when I 1st bought it, so that's a small relief, I guess. Only owned it 28 years...LOL.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Whiskey - These days, with gas prices the way they are...and it's a 45 minute to anywhere I'm driving most of the time... I really need to hold a fundraiser to afford to get there and back. [:D][:D][:D] Thank God those days of 'cruzin' for chicks' are over. Still, I hope you can make it out to our show.

Thanks for the flyer comments. {Caution --- I'm about to boast} This won (1st) the federation FOHBC contest this year. We, RABCA, entered a color version (more points) this year. Last year, I, we got third place because of a B&W entry.[:mad:]

If you were in the 'wrong area' of Richmond, then you were by some good dig sites.[:)]

Hey Brian - One day WHEN we meet, ask me to do the horn sound for you.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Meech ,
LOL I'll ask you when I see you about the Beep Beep .
I'd would like to make the Show. But I don't make many Shows in the Fall , as I am a big time Deer hunter that time of the year and I hunt on the weekends.
Brian

Mj24503.jpg

Attachments

• Mj24503.jpg
    Mj24503.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 91

whiskeyman

Reaction score
MEECH...I was gonna ask ya about the flyer award. Congrats!!
I may have been in a good part of Richmond to dig , but I wan't equipped for diggin' , I was on my way home, and... I sure as heck didn't feel it was safe ta get out of my car...LOL.

BRIAN...deer season open in early Oct? Bow? Black Powder?
You wouldna shoot them moochin' deer wouldya?

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Charlie ,
Tennessee's Bow season opens the 24th of this month.
That pic was taken in my Brothers back yard a few years back. It was early as you can see the Buck is still in velvet . He was safe in Bubba's backyard .... as neither of us hunt there..... And we won't. He feeds them all year so he can enjoy watching them in his backyard. We have seen some really nice Bucks over the last few years in his yard.
We lease Bowater land to hunt on. We Quality Deer manage it , and only take mature Bucks , and a few Does in the Doe season to keep the herd healthy. Brian

whiskeyman

Reaction score
BRIAN...you is doing good...:)
I never hunted deer...only a few squirrels and groundhogs. Gave it up after I admitted they looked better running around than when lying shot full of holes on the ground.
Don't hold it against anyone who hunts: it just ain't for me.

I do like to fish a bit...went today and caught 9 bluegills...LOL
"Catch & Release" that's me...but I'd prefer the catches were Bass.[:D]

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
I really hope this conversation will bring a lot of folks to our show![:D]

You two need to get together and scoot out this way for the show, stopping occasionally so Brian can shoot at something. [:)] You just may hit a few on the way with the vehicle once you get in this area, which is always polluted with dog size deer.

.................bottles - bottles - bottles (<--- ?)

Then there's the ones we call 'mailbox deer'. You slow way down because you see eyeballs on the side of the road and it ends up being a mailbox instead.

?= gotta mention bottles every now and then or they'll boot us, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4