Raritan Township, N.J. milk?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
My grandma called me yesterday from the flea market. She said there were some bottles for sale. She described them to me, and I told her which ones to buy. I also told her which one not to buy, but she forgot which and bought it anyway. The crier of the day was a milk from Clifton, which is close to Glen Ridge. She had it in her hand, and read that it was NOT the common Lotz Bros. milk from Clifton. Then she put it down to look at other bottles. During this time, someone else snatched it up for the bargain price of $1... [:(][:(][:(]

She still got this nice milk from Raritan Township. Edison used to be called Raritan Township, and there is also a Raritan Township today, so who knows which one this came from? Anyway, it's embossed "HASSENTEUFEL DAIRY/ P.H./ RARITAN TOWNSHIP" in a round slug plate. It's got some typical milk embossing around the heel that would be tedious to type. The Owens-Illinois mark on the base tells me it's from 1947. It's as mint as mint can be, I doubt it was ever even filled. Any ideas on rarity?

She also bought a Federal Law Prohibits bottle... I told her not to, but she confused that with another bottle. I'm assuming it's junk, but she only payed a dollar, so no harm done. It is embossed in a kick up base: "VIRGIN ISLANDS CO./ CHRISTIANSTED, ST. CROIX, V.I.". It has the old O-I mark in the center of the kick up, and an 8 for 1938. Anyone want it? It's got a nice color, and it's not a screw top.

FD37C9649B334019A1CF9E918F0B686B.jpg

Attachments

• FD37C9649B334019A1CF9E918F0B686B.jpg
    FD37C9649B334019A1CF9E918F0B686B.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 42

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member