'Rarity 4' Pepsi:Cola Dug Today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey all -
Yep, I got out today for a little digging. I put in 4.5 hours and figured I could leave early after digging this one. This is the hardest to dig/find Pepsi around here. In the first Ayer's book it is listed on page 92. It's hard to tell in the photo, because of bad lighting, but the glass has a yellowish tint to it. This was the norm for this variant.

This is known as a No. PET3 from Petersburg, VA. (6.5 Oz.) This bottle never goes up for sale. It also lists for a ridiculous amount of money. I mention this not to boast, but for this crazy reason ----- It's machine made!!!!! [:-]

I've dug some good Pepsis before, but this is by far the rarest. Slimdigger once told me that THIS was the one to dig. No one digs them, which is unheard of for a bottle that dates 1918-1922.

I dug other stuff today that isn't even worth mentioning at this point. It was a great day digging!

2EB790D8B6444C4FB87EAD2B728005F7.jpg

Attachments

• 2EB790D8B6444C4FB87EAD2B728005F7.jpg
    2EB790D8B6444C4FB87EAD2B728005F7.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 50

acls

Reaction score
Congratulations. There are some Pepsi Cola fanatics who would pay a pretty penny for that one. Do you plan on selling, or is it going on your shelf?

madman

Reaction score
hey meech, i always wondered that also, about the pepsis, never even dug a broken one of that era !!! nice find bro mike

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
acls - It's going on the 'shelf' for now. I have a (RABCA) digging contest to enter on Nov. 8th. Until today, I had NOTHING worth entering. [:D] Yes, you are correct ...a pretty pennie ...they're looking for this one.

madman - I've dug many local variants of Pepsi (see my Pepsi site), including the 'tenpins', which are only a 'Rarity 2'. They bottled here in the early days (teens), which explains why we dig them from time to time.

My wife is cleaning my digging clothes now. She wants me to go out again tomorrow. My body says NO!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
A follow up ---
Well, I did get back out again yesterday for a few hours before my wife had to work. I knew it, but went anyway... that this hole was picked clean. I got a common local milk and some odds and ends, but that's it. Thurday's find kept me smiling though. [:)]

Zane - Old??? I golfed back to back days and WON...Tues. and Wed. (72+ holes - You wouldn't know or hang) Then dug packed tight dirt (not loose privy fill) for two days beside an extremely large tree complete w/ large roots. All this after major surgery less than a year ago. You'll be Old soon enough.[:D][:D][:D]

capsoda

Reaction score
WoW Meech, Your wife wants you to go digging and bring home more bottles???????

Man, Your my HERO for the day. You must be a GOD. LoL

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Man, Your my HERO for the day.

Warren - just for a day??? What do you have to do to be Hero of the Month? [:D]

Your wife wants you to go digging and bring home more bottles???

Trick for that = Show her what it's worth, if you can. [;)] [;)] [;)]

bubbas dad

Reaction score
the only problem with showing the wife what it's worth is, they tend to want to convert said worth into cash for shopping.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26