RC bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tchkal1113

Reaction score
We found two RC Cola NDNR bottles. We're new to the scene and don't have many resources to figure out exactly what we have. I've tried to google these bottles to find out any information about them, but haven't had much luck. So any information as to age, history, value, etc would be greatly appreciated! Also one has a lid on it; do we leave it on or take it off? It's awfully dirty inside and I want to clean it, but the cap is pretty rusty and I'm afraid it's going to crumble if I attempt to take it off. Like I said we're newbies...

The picture doesn't really do them justice, but here goes! Thanks in advance [:)]

E198D285B5514323A47932C6AECA9D25.jpg

Attachments

• E198D285B5514323A47932C6AECA9D25.jpg
    E198D285B5514323A47932C6AECA9D25.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 69

waskey

Reaction score
I actually just dug about 30 of those no deposit/no return rc bottles the other day,but i only kept the ones with crown tops and not screw tops(i dont get much luck selling the screw tops). The bottles date from the late 60s into the 70s and are common in some areas,yet scarce in others. As for the history,rc was invented in the early 20s and the name replaced "chero-cola". Google history of chero cola/royal crown cola and you will get pleny of info on company history. Hope this helps~henry

the ham man

Reaction score
hey hen wasnt there an even older version of the rc. wasnt it mays cola or something. i know i traded you a mays bottle and you say you thought it might have been another older variaton of rc.and by the way, if I had those bottles i would take the top off that one because like you said it is really rusty and very dirty inside.even if the cap breaks the bottle wouldnt be any less of value.good luck

waskey

Reaction score
Joey, The older drink was called Chero Cola. I believe the may's bottle was produced in the later years(1925-1935) by the bottlers who worked for C. Edward May or possibly even May himself,who was one of the most successful bottlers at the time. May's beverages lasted up until the late 40s so its possible that it C.E. May was still alive and working as a bottler,or it could ahve just been the people who worked for him who continued to produce his drink. After all May obviously didn't invent chero cola/rc but instead he was just the distributor around the Baltimore area.

tchkal1113

Reaction score
Thank you both, thats great information! And I think I will take the top off! It will so much better once it's cleaned [:D]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776