Re: More Brooklyn flasks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NyDigger1

Reaction score
thanks for the response. Just like you collect Nyc flasks, I collect almost strictly 5 boroughs Blobs / Any Coney Island bottles (blobs, crowns, flasks, meds, etc, etc). Do you have any 5 boroughs blobs or any coney island bottles? I heard that some coney island flasks do exist but then again I couldnt find any info. Would you happen to know?

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
IF you mean the slug plate flasks, in truth, no idea. I can say that I have NOT seen any with "Coney Island" on it.
IF you mean any kind of flask, then the answer is yes. I have seen a few of the leather wrapped souvenir style flask which have been marked Coney Island on the base.
Now, question for you. Is Coney Island in Brooklyn, or Queens? Here is why. Flasks from Brooklyn are, so far anyway, always marked just Brooklyn, or Brooklyn, N.Y. regardless of the area of Brooklyn, the only exception I am aware of is a few from the East District/E.D. marked Brooklyn, E.D.
Flasks from Queens however, are always marked with the community name as far as I know, such as Rockaway, LI., or Astoria LI. I have not seen one yet marked Queens.
IF coney Island is in Brooklyn, then become very familiar with the street names in the Coney Island section. They will turn up in time, as there are hundreds of Brooklyn flasks. Knowledge of the order of the numbers on the street is also very useful, and in the years to come, will serve you well.......

NyDigger1

Reaction score
Coney Island was its own entity. There are no bottles that exist that say coney island brooklyn, or coney island LI.

They all say Coney Island NY.

trust me I know the street numbers, but im looking for embossed stuff, not wrapped flasks.

Have you ever seen my nyc bottle site?

http://mikesbottleroom.weebly.com/

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Over the years I have seen a few blob beers from Coney Island, and I have seen a few hollow glass swizzle sticks also from Coney Island, the ones with the paper strip inside. Think they were from some hotel.
Might have seen a few pharmacy bottles, not sure, just a maybe on that.
I know I have never seen a flask, yet anyway.
I think that I have visited your bottle room in the past, we might have even exchanged emails a time or two. I have a couple hundred Brooklyn strap flasks, and 5 or 6 hundred from NYC (Manhattan).

NyDigger1

Reaction score
Wow, i think were on the same amount, you with flasks, and me with blobs.

As far as I know I have the largest coney island bottle collection around. 22 different crowns and blobs, although I know of 3 dairies, 1 medicine, and at least 15 more blobs and or crowns that are out there that I dont have.

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Now, that is way cool, a Coney Island collection!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter