Recent Local Additions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I added a few locals and others to my collection recently. The first four, Jim (aka epackage) traded me for the John Matthews bottle I posted a while back. They're all great bottles, especially the Ransley! Thanks Jim!

It's (probably) an earlier version of the "J.W. RANSLEY & SON" bottle I have. Logically, the company would have changed its name to "J.W. Ransley & Son" after the son grew old enough to partner with his father in business. The bottle is in great condition, with the original Putnam wire closure still in place. It's stained pretty badly, but there's absolutely no damage to the glass. I think a muriatic acid treatment should make it nice and sparkly, like its younger brother.

img3526w.jpg

img3528hp.jpg

img3548n.jpg

The next one is a nice pony beer/soda from Newark. It's nice and shiny too. The front says "BEACH & LITCHFIELD/ NEWARK N.J.". The back has "B & L" in big block letters. Not pontiled, but probably not too far from it, either...

img3564h.jpg

No, the neck isn't crooked... my house is [:D]. Every year, my house slides further down the hill... slowly... The nice thing is, round objects always roll into the same corner, so you know where to get them if you lose one!

img3565g.jpg

Applied lip

img3566.jpg

He also gave me two nice blobs from Elizabeth. They are both from the same firm, but probably of different ages. The shape of each is similar, except for the neck. The shoulders on one of them are more tapered, making the actual neck shorter, despite the bottles being the same height. The one I'm talking about is embossed "GLAUSS BROS / ELIZABETH / N.J.". The other one has straighter shoulders, and is embossed "G. GLAUSS/ ELIZABETH/ N.J."

img3560u.jpg

img3562t.jpg

The next one I bought on eBay. It's a really nice local citrate bottle from East Orange. It is embossed in a round slug plate with "FRANK L. FIEGER/ MFG/ PHARMACIST/ EAST ORANGE/ N.J.". It's been tumbled, but not overtumbled, so the embossing isn't too faded. It's got some scratches that are minimized due to the tumbling. I was happy to add this to my collection for a little over $15.

img3558vx.jpg

Whitall-Tatum made a ton of medicine bottles, huh? The citrate I dug in the dump appears to have been made in the exact same mold, with merely a different slug plate and color.

img3552r.jpg

ImageShack screwed up the picture, that's why it's upside down.

img3551f.jpg

So that's about it. There's a couple more locals I'm eyeing on eBay... BACK OFF! ALL OF YOU! THEY'RE MINE!

Jim

Reaction score
Nice citrate. I have one from my town, and wish I could find another one. Jim hooked you up with some nice locals as well. I've found that guys named Jim are usually pretty cool [8D]. ~Jim

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Jim

Nice citrate. I have one from my town, and wish I could find another one. Jim hooked you up with some nice locals as well. I've found that guys named Jim are usually pretty cool [8D].  ~Jim
[:D][;)][8D]

epackage

Reaction score
found some info, posted it in your other post...

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Another local came in the mail today! Won it on eBay on Monday. It's a "HENRY KRAHN" blob top from Orange, NJ. It's in better condition that I thought after seeing the listing pictures, and I'm happy to add it to my collection.

img3635u.jpg

img3637j.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator