recenty found buried jars need identified

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

aprildgrubbs

Reaction score
Recently I dug up salt of mason jars and soda bottles that were buried underground. I have no idea how to date them or tell their worth. Some are blue, most are clear. Ranging in sizes from approx. Five gallon down to 1/2 pint. Can someone please help me? April

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hi April.It's possible someone can help but not without more information. All I can say is that of the 10's of thousands of different jars and sodas that have been made, most are worth recycling only.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well April, you have to know if they are old enough to have been hand and mouth blown. Do you see vertical seams on the finsh area of the bottle. The finish is the top closure part of a bottle. Do y0u see pontil marks on the bottoms of what yo0u are finding? We can't help much until yo9u do some homework.
RED M.

coreya

Reaction score
Post some pictures and you will get more info than you thought possible! Take a front shot of any embossing and the base and top of the jar for starters.

botlguy

Reaction score
aprildgrubbs said:
Recently I dug up salt of mason jars and soda bottles that were buried underground. I have no idea how to date them or tell their worth. Some are blue, most are clear. Ranging in sizes from approx. Five gallon down to 1/2 pint. Can someone please help me? April
The advice you've gotten so far is good, pictures are necessary. What do you mean by SALT in: "salt of mason jars"?

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello deeno. In a post near yours there was a posted jar, large mouth, with a horizontal seam around the jar below the finish about an inch, that had to be formed in the neckring, if it isn't marked with a pair of vertical mold seams also. A bottlemystery for today. RED Matthews

aprildgrubbs

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the advice. Deeno, I emailed you some pics. I still have several more to clean and check out.

deenodean

Reaction score
[attachment=IMG_20150123_193106 (480x640).jpg]

Attachments

• d8a9b437644847d2b5a6fdfaeafdc8b3.jpg
    d8a9b437644847d2b5a6fdfaeafdc8b3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads