Relisted ebay auctions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
WEll after ebay decided to cancel all my auctions due to my addvertisement of the baltimore bottle show in my auctions. I have fixed this and relisted everything. Heres a link to my ebay auctions.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbaltimorebottlesQQhtZ

Chris

Bottleman

Reaction score
What’s wrong with advertising a bottles show on your ebay listing? Pabottleguy has a copy of the Pittsburgh show flyer at the bottom of all of his bottle auctions all year round to remind people. Ebay gets on my nerves sometimes with the things they do.

P.S. I was wondering why your Pontiled Philadelphia Area 3 Piece Mold Patent Soda came up under my search a couple days ago and then reappeared again as a new item.

wvbottlehead

Reaction score
I guess Ebay is too ignorant to realize that bottle shows actually helps their business. We know some bottles bought at the shows wind up on Ebay & vice versa. Heck some entire listings are nothing but ads. Of course I guess they use the old we can't catch everybody bs.

Frank

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I have had them cancel my auctions too when I put a link to our DC Bottle show. I ending up making the link go to the ABOUTME page and putting a link to the bottleshow info there. They didnt seem to mind that.
They seem to randomly pick on people because I see hundreds of auctions with links in them. I have an ad for my bottle book in my auctions now. Hopefully they wont cancel those 50 auctions.
Do you use something like the free TurboLister to do you listings. It makes entering them (and re-entering) soooo much easier. I'd never do it the old way again.

PS, you might also try adding ads as graphics since ebay's automated detection software is going to only find ads or links in hypertext.

bottleboy311

Reaction score
The funny thing is I have ran into listings, that are not listings but advetisement, they are not selling anything whatsoever, they stay on. Than there are others that are protest. One listing I ran into a few weeks ago, talked about the how PayPal was ripping everyone off and not to use them. Now you think ebay would get rid of that listing fast seeing as they own paypal, and it effects their profit. But it stay on for the full 7 days. And here Chris loses out on his listings and listing fees charged to him, for trying to promote something that will not profit him or hurt ebay. Furthermore by ebay cancelling his listing they lose out any commisions they would get. Oh well, until I become C.E.O of ebay I quess I have little say on the mater.

Lee

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Who knows, maybe turbolister is the problem. It's an ebay tool. Maybe it has some ad catcher software built it. I doubt it's posible but I wouldn't put it past them to try. Oh-oh, I better stop before my post gets pulled. Bye

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen