Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Remembering Our First Bottle Find

slugplate

Jul 7, 2016
Do you remember finding your very first bottle? Mine was a Schaefer "Barrel" blob top beer I found in the Spring of 1999 purely by accident. That find had me addicted from the moment I found it. Twenty years later I have dug or hunted over 200 keeper bottles and I'm proud to say I have worked hard to get every single bottle in my collection. Generally speaking, for me, it's not about how many bottles I've uncovered and kept, it's about the reward for my efforts. I won't get financially secure with my keepers, but unearthing bottles has made me rich in other ways.

Screwtop

Sep 1, 2018
Carter County Kentucky
There is an old gully, beside my grandmothers house in Washington County PA. I think I was about 13 or so, and as all young boys do, I was playing in the water, that I'm pretty sure was malaria infested. I saw the base of a bottle sticking out of the bank, and being the curious type, I pulled it out. It was a Chas. H. Fletchers Castoria bottle, with screw threads. Ultra common, but I didn't know what it was, and I ran inside proclaiming I found a bottle from the revolutionary war, lol!

Four years later, I know about bottles, how to date them, approximate values, and now I love collecting them. I have my first blob tops, collect Coca Cola straight sides, and love reading about Coca Cola copycats.

slugplate

Jul 7, 2016
There is an old gully, beside my grandmothers house in Washington County PA. I think I was about 13 or so, and as all young boys do, I was playing in the water, that I'm pretty sure was malaria infested. I saw the base of a bottle sticking out of the bank, and being the curious type, I pulled it out. It was a Chas. H. Fletchers Castoria bottle, with screw threads. Ultra common, but I didn't know what it was, and I ran inside proclaiming I found a bottle from the revolutionary war, lol!

Four years later, I know about bottles, how to date them, approximate values, and now I love collecting them. I have my first blob tops, collect Coca Cola straight sides, and love reading about Coca Cola copycats.
Exactly. The excitement finding bottles is addictive.

nhpharm

Apr 24, 2007
6 years old and digging with my parents in New Hampshire, I dug a little Burnett/Boston bottle. I hid it in my pocket and gave it to my dad for his birthday (or Christmas-I can't remember). Don't know where it is now but I'm still digging 33 years later...and started bringing my oldest son with me when he was 5.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frenchfox59901