Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Robert Harper cocoa bottle?

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
Welcome to the forum! That's an interesting find, what's up with that uranium glass lid? It looks like it probably didn't originally go with the jar, I wonder why they put that on there.

LJB

Sep 30, 2020
Welcome to the forum! That's an interesting find, what's up with that uranium glass lid? It looks like it probably didn't originally go with the jar, I wonder why they put that on there.
The item was found like this but I think you are right they don’t belong together. I’ve done some more research and I think the green glass thing is a piano insulator. I didn’t know there was such a thing and thought the lid was some sort of jelly mould but it isn’t deep enough. So I think two seperate items. A Robert Harper gold star cocoa bottle and a piano insulator that have somehow been put together.

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
The item was found like this but I think you are right they don’t belong together. I’ve done some more research and I think the green glass thing is a piano insulator. I didn’t know there was such a thing and thought the lid was some sort of jelly mould but it isn’t deep enough. So I think two seperate items. A Robert Harper gold star cocoa bottle and a piano insulator that have somehow been put together.
I didn't know piano insulators were a thing either. I've seen the little ones for the feet of tables and things but never one that large. Cool find! I wonder why someone stuck it on a cocoa jar.

LJB

Sep 30, 2020
I didn't know piano insulators were a thing either. I've seen the little ones for the feet of tables and things but never one that large. Cool find! I wonder why someone stuck it on a cocoa jar.
I have no idea except it fits the jar perfectly! And how do I tell if it is uranium glass?

martyfoley

Sep 24, 2019
I guess you'll have to buy a geiger counter to test it, no just kidding. I think you test it with a black light, if it glows its uranium glass. Cool find!;)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toga76ss