Rochester, NY show

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Nice show today. I have only sold at a few shows, but had my best today. Nice folks and nice crowd. Tried really hard to not buy, but ended up with a nice local and yet another JSP for my wife's color run of them.

PD

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
I just remembered that I wanted to mention one of many unselfish acts on Penn Digger's part today...A wide eyed 13 year old boy walked up to our table ...Tom had a lot of nice bottles out, Colored mineral waters and sodas, Historical flasks, pontiled meds, etc...I watched the boy studying all of the bottles, but he kept coming back to one fancy olive green English ale or soda...He asked Tom "how much for that one"? Next thing I know, he's offering Tom a clear crown top beer that he'd dug or found...[:)] He says,..."Wanna swap for this?",,,At the time I was talking w/ someone that had a question about a bottle, but noticed Tom wrapping up the ale bottle...When I had a chance I asked him if they swapped? Tom says, "Nope,...I gave it to him instead. Class act, Penn Digger is.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

I just remembered that I wanted to mention one of many unselfish acts on Penn Digger's part today...A wide eyed 13 year old boy walked up to our table ...Tom had a lot of nice bottles out, Colored mineral waters and sodas, Historical flasks, pontiled meds, etc...I watched the boy studying all of the bottles, but he kept coming back to one fancy olive green English ale or soda...He asked Tom "how much for that one"? Next thing I know, he's offering Tom a clear crown top beer that he'd dug or found...[:)] He says,..."Wanna swap for this?",,,At the time I was talking w/ someone that had a question about a bottle, but noticed Tom wrapping up the ale bottle...When I had a chance I asked him if they swapped? Tom says, "Nope,...I gave it to him instead. Class act, Penn Digger is.
FANTASTIC!! That brings a smile to my weary face...Great job Tom...[;)]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
You guys are a riot!!!! I hope we can get together this summer. Preferably out to your neck of the woods - unless you want to visit Corning again. Best regards, RED Matthews

wolffbp

Reaction score
Way to Go Tom!!!! [:)]
I saw that kid, he was examining everything, soaking it all in. I was next to him at a dealers table and told him that I started when I was his age "your in it for life now" he just smiled as he stroked the safe on a lying down Warners.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

I just remembered that I wanted to mention one of many unselfish acts on Penn Digger's part today...A wide eyed 13 year old boy walked up to our table ...Tom had a lot of nice bottles out, Colored mineral waters and sodas, Historical flasks, pontiled meds, etc...I watched the boy studying all of the bottles, but he kept coming back to one fancy olive green English ale or soda...He asked Tom "how much for that one"? Next thing I know, he's offering Tom a clear crown top beer that he'd dug or found...[:)] He says,..."Wanna swap for this?",,,At the time I was talking w/ someone that had a question about a bottle, but noticed Tom wrapping up the ale bottle...When I had a chance I asked him if they swapped? Tom says, "Nope,...I gave it to him instead. Class act, Penn Digger is.

Nice enough kid. I told him about this site and other young diggers on here. Told him about John Pasture's mag and all. He kept repeating what I said, so I told him I would write it down for him and gave him the info.

I wrapped up the bottle he wanted, then asked for his. Put them both in a bag, handed it to him. He asked don't you want my bottle? I said no, but do you want mine? He said yes, I said here, get going. Maybe I was a rude jerk, as I can be in my escentric demeanor. I did not want his Rochester crown top, but knew he wanted the green English bottle. I was just trying to give the young lad a bottle he wanted and I didn't. Saw him a few minutes later looking back at me with some other people. Hope he appreciates the gester. What can I say? Having no kids, I have a soft spot for being nice to them.

No need to capture those moments Joe. I just wanted to explain what went down. You get what you give, reap what you sow and all....Carma?

PD

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen