Rugby Rye Pint, Paper Label, Sam Schutz, Chicago

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CarltonHendricks

Reaction score
RugbyRyeBottle_zps5db9575b.jpg
[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]I picked up this bottle earlier this week at the 2014 National Sports Collectors Convention in Cleveland...I got it from a dealer from PA...but later learned he got it off eBay in February 2014...for a fraction of what I paid which doesn't doesn't bother me in the least I'm so glad to have it...After years of going to bottle shows looking for something precisely like it I'm very excited over it...[/font] [font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]And now the research begins...Can anyone tell me anything about this bottle?[/font][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]Thanks -Carlton[/font]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Long time no here. How ya been?I can't much help but the ebay (Canada) showed in a search but it was to old to get to.It looks like a machine made bottle and should at least have the proofage or percentage on the label I would think so I don't know if it's an actual product.I can't find anything on it but it looks like a nice addition to a collection.

LtlBtl

Reaction score
It is a legit brand from the correct producer from the correct time period.check out www.pre-pro.com not a lot of info on this one, but it is a great reference site in general.

botlguy

Reaction score
Now if we could find a list of the 1934 - 1964 distilleries and their assigned numbers (which show on the bases of the bottles they used) we could answer a lot of questions about those unidentified "Forbids" bottles. Can one of you online research whizzes help us? Jim

botlguy

Reaction score
Now if we could find a list of the 1934 - 1964 distilleries and their assigned numbers (which show on the bases of the bottles they used) we could answer a lot of questions about those unidentified "Forbids" bottles. Can one of you online research whizzes help us? Jim

CarltonHendricks

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
Long time no here. How ya been?I can't much help but the ebay (Canada) showed in a search but it was to old to get to.It looks like a machine made bottle and should at least have the proofage or percentage on the label I would think so I don't know if it's an actual product.I can't find anything on it but it looks like a nice addition to a collection.
[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]Hi Eric, I'm fine thanks hope you are as well...yes nice to be on here after so long...but I don't find many sports bottles to post...[/font]
[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]_____________________________________[/font][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]LtlBtl, Thanks for the link....yes based on that website there was indeed a Rugby Rye made (or sold anyway) in Chicago...pretty interesting I've never seen one before...[/font][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]______________________________________[/font][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]It's interesting the uniform is totally American and Americdan football was being played in Chicago at the time those kinds of uniforms were used....yet they named it Rugby Rye...I speculate maybe the producer was attempting to add some British charm by calling it Rugby...I've seen the name interchanged on other items as well....a lock I have for instance...[/font][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]Keep the info coming collectors! I'm all ears to learn what anyone can supply...[/font]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson