Rummings Maple Leaf Pale Ginger Ale-RARE!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
It's been a slow start this year but I did land another gem thanks to a good collector buddy!
This is a rare one from Rummings Bottling Works, Nanaimo, B.C. The label states 'NOT LESS THAN 6 FLUID OUNCES'....the bottle is embossed on the heel 'CONTENTS 7 FLUID OZS.
1649102871117.jpeg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow that's a rarity indeed! That looks like it's different from the one that Wayne Wagar found years back, so that would make yours the second one known I think.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Wow that's a rarity indeed! That looks like it's different from the one that Wayne Wagar found years back, so that would make yours the second one known I think.
Yeah Wayne got his from the Patterson collection in Nanoose Bay back in 2009. Mine is the same a little more wear like the rip, which my friend said there were about a dozen that turned up, all but two had damage....and in the same spot. This first one pictured belongs to said friend, and it had the same tear but the piece was intact, it was a loose label...possibly the bottle it was on broke? Anyways he found a donor bottle for the label.

1649183961674.png

This one was posted on my fakebook page Canadian Soda Pop Works.

1649184743946.png

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah Wayne got his from the Patterson collection in Nanoose Bay back in 2009. Mine is the same a little more wear like the rip, which my friend said there were about a dozen that turned up, all but two had damage....and in the same spot. This first one pictured belongs to said friend, and it had the same tear but the piece was intact, it was a loose label...possibly the bottle it was on broke? Anyways he found a donor bottle for the label.

View attachment 236006

This one was posted on my fakebook page Canadian Soda Pop Works.

View attachment 236007
Oh I never realized so many were found together, I thought his was a one-off. That explains why it was the same flavour for both of them, I was thinking it was surprising that it would be the same label both times.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Oh I never realized so many were found together, I thought his was a one-off. That explains why it was the same flavour for both of them, I was thinking it was surprising that it would be the same label both times.
Well I'm not positive Wayne's came from the same find....usually that's what happens. But either way it's a pretty scarce label when compared to say the Felix ginger ale.
Interesting to note these are all 6 oz labels, no 12oz has surfaced.

Donas12

Reaction score
Wow that’s a fantastic find congrats !
I do know of another one a collector has and I saw it in person recently. His label is almost fully intact and in great condition. Hope he’ll part with it some day…

Canadacan

Reaction score
Wow that’s a fantastic find congrats !
I do know of another one a collector has and I saw it in person recently. His label is almost fully intact and in great condition. Hope he’ll part with it some day…
Nice!....good to know a few are out there, hope you land one some time.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1