S. Jersey Newby with shovel and tripod

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

anthracite312

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm trying to get started in privy digging and have yet to break ground! Been doing a lot of reading and getting some supplies together, but am lacking a digging partner and experience. Does anyone in the South Jersey, Philadelphia, or Deleware want some help digging? I have a 5' probe and am in the process of putting an 8' one together. I also have a nice tripod to use if interested.

Incase your wondering: White male, 37, 198# (will fit in pit), don't whine or complain (much), easygoing, and no health liabilities (you won't have to leave me in the bottom of the pit when you fill it in). I'm just chomping at the bit to actually get out and dig one!

Happy digging!

Chris

anthracite312

Reaction score
Hi Dan. Thanks for the offer. I have knocked on a few doors and was able to probe some yards. I'm still trying to find a pit. Which is another reason why I am looking to tag along with someone that knows what they are doing so I can learn. I'm not interested in taking any of the glass, I some knowledge. Thanks again. I'll let you know when I find one.

digphilly

Reaction score
PMed you my cell #... hit me up if you have some permissions...ill show you how to find the holes.

Dan

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter