Same bottle, 2 different size hutch's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
I am sort of taking a poll to make my decision, would you keep both of these bottles for your personal collection even though they are the same bottle but just a little different in their height. What would you do, keeping the small one will cost me $20 so it's not a cut and dry question so I will let everyone here guide me as to what to do.

I am also contacting the admin to see if a Poll section can be added to the top of a forum page, a fishing site I belong to allows a small box above a post like this that you can basically vote yes or no too, you can set up the poll anyway you like really, and it's a big hit. Not sure what it takes to do such a thing but I think it would be an interesting addition if you have a post like mine....IMHO
TY all,
Jim

4946EC4F6B0C48FE869C9462C1A5F936.jpg

Attachments

• 4946EC4F6B0C48FE869C9462C1A5F936.jpg
    4946EC4F6B0C48FE869C9462C1A5F936.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 54

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Epackage,
It depends. If it is part of my main collection,I might - especially if I knew that it was different molds that produced it. However, if it was the same mold - just a difference if glassmaking, I probably wouldn't.

epackage

Reaction score
I only collect Paterson NJ bottles so it is my thing, ty for your input

Jim

Lordbud

Reaction score
if it was the same mold - just a difference if glassmaking, I probably wouldn't.

I keep multiples of locals; never know when a trade might come up and I'm basically a packrat anyway.

Plumbata

Reaction score
I'd keep them both. They look like different molds to me, and if there are different glass company markings on them I would consider them decently dissimilar bottles, enough so to be worth keeping around for study. I like to keep my mold/manufacturer variations. I've got a bad habit of keeping ones that are the same mold, but have the year code peened out and updated; 7-S A.B.Co., 8-S A.B.Co., 9-S A.B.Co., 11-S A.B.Co....

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Lordbud

if it was the same mold - just a difference if glassmaking, I probably wouldn't.

I keep multiples of locals; never know when a trade might come up and I'm basically a packrat anyway.
I hear you Lordbud, but I don't like paying $20 a pop just to keep doubles considering the very limited group of collectors of my particular bottle type, Paterson NJ bottles. When I get a whole box dropped off like I did I keep everyone I don't have and the $5-10 bottles, when the harder to come by bottles have $20 on them I'm kind of weary. There are only 6 or 7 regular bottle buyers tops of these local bottles.

Lordbud

Reaction score
There are only 6 or 7 regular bottle buyers tops of these local bottles.

That's a small pool of potential buyers, but on the other hand who else is going to save your local history. I agree as far as paying too much for a duplicate isn't something I can afford to do, but if I can pick up a druggist dupe for say less than $10.00 I will. Those two hutches appear to be the same mold however they're obviously different in height and out in this part of the country there aren't many hutches with the mug base. Out of a few dozen Northern California hutches I have exactly two with mug bases.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28