Saratogas & Poisons

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

annie44

Reaction score
Your photos are great! I wish I had a window to display my bottles in - I have mine in a cabinet that doesn't have lighting right now and usually take them outside or to my sunroom to get photos.

jane8851

Reaction score
RE: Saratoga's & Poisons

I put museum gel on the bases to prevent any tragedies. My American Bulldog pup is a "flinger" of toys.

bearswede

Reaction score

Nice display, Jane... And welcome to our little club...

Hey Cindy...

That "Rock" on your Highrock looks like a flickering flame in that lighting... Nice Christmas booty!!!

Ron

earlyglass

Reaction score

Nice mineral waters guys... and gals!

Although they all have the same form, I love the character of the Stoddard glass mineral waters. Here is an example of a pint size in a light honey amber....

Jane, the honey amber "E" is available and not uncommon, you should be able to find one.

Good luck!

Mike

16CFFF37E4C84EE3A6C007BB5BD6C386.jpg

Attachments

• 16CFFF37E4C84EE3A6C007BB5BD6C386.jpg
    16CFFF37E4C84EE3A6C007BB5BD6C386.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 88

jane8851

Reaction score

That's one beautiful bottle, earlyglass! It's exactly the color quart I'm looking for. Years ago I used to belong to the Saratoga Collectors Society which had lots of members set up at the bottle show in Saratoga Springs. You could walk into the show and find top shelf examples regularly but not so much anymore. I saw one Stoddard E quart this year and there was a stampede to the table to buy it. Gone in the first 2 minutes of the show. I never even got near the table in the rush.

earlyglass

Reaction score

Thanks Jane. Yes, the good stuff is becoming increasingly difficult to find. What was once "common" is now an edangered species! Even the pieces that we take for granted today will become difficult to obtain for future collectors.

I have had a few of the quarts. If I get another any time soon, I will certainly contact you.

Mike

jane8851

Reaction score

Thanks Mike. I check your site regularly hoping one will turn up. Do let me know if one does. That Vaughn's is tempting though.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1