$ Saturdays in June and yesterday

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Finally after almost 2 years of non digging ,not counting the Biloxi dig (that was prime and I would dig with Mavin again , anytime,anyplace).My buddy and I went to a dump he'd found out about,its about a 50 mile drive.Its being dug and re-dug lots of times over the years,but is still producing.......If you go to this website you can read about and see what's possible in this dump...........

http://dumpdiggers.blogspot.com/

They started dumping there in about 1850 ,they closed it about 1940.To find the real goodies you have to dig down through 8' of ash layers,and the they are far and few.

Just to name a few....
3 Orange Crush (clear) 1921,22,
2 Quart milks embossed Rutherford Campbellford,Ont.
5 Creamers.
2 Vess Dry.
1 KISS soda, Kitchener,Ont.
5 Skirt cokes..1940
Charles Horseman Campbellford 7oz.
2 crown Bottling Works,Port Hope, Ont.
1 Borman's Peterboro, Ont.
1 Erven Lucas Bols, Het Lootsje, Amsterdam..amber
A few crocks,jugs, etc.

Part of dump...

4F76C049AA704A3E99ECDC98CB3579F9.jpg

Attachments

• 4F76C049AA704A3E99ECDC98CB3579F9.jpg
    4F76C049AA704A3E99ECDC98CB3579F9.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 77

Jim

Reaction score
Good to see you're out digging again, Dave! Nice haul, the Green Vess Dry is one of my favorite deco sodas. They're not real common, either. I was fortunate enough to dig one with my home town embossed on the base. ~Jim

bubbas dad

Reaction score
looks like you dug some nice bottles. what are the little odd shaped amber bottles? they kind of look like meat juice bottles.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Dave -
Did you dig the BOOSTER HAIR TONIC? It looks like a LUG (label under glass). I like it! [;)] [:)]

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Jim,I must have found 10 broken Vess bottles.

John, the little brown one's are Bovril,we find lots of these,I have them in all sizes.

Meech,Yes I dug the Booster,and it is a lug,first one I've dug.

There's lots to find in this dump, we dig the odd milk but 100's are broken,then you move ash for a couple of hours and thats all you get....ASH.
Then bang its into a new vein, its an interesting dump,lots of screw-tops.Some of the shards would blow you away.

I'll post more later.

Dave.

otgb

Reaction score
hi dave
i dug all those holes in that dump the old dump is on the island under the first three houses

#1twin

Reaction score
Hey Dave, Way to go dude. And thanks for the kind words. Believe it or not I have only dug once or twice since you left here[:(] I just have not had time lately and my precious little 3 1/2 year old was attacked by a Labrador, Sat before the fourth. She got stitches in her right cheek and at the hairline above her right temple. It was the most horrific thing I have ever gone through with my baby.
Anyway I hope to get back after the glass very soon. Keep up the good finds and thanks for sharing it with us.

Marvin

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26