Selling sea glass on Ebay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
So check this out on Ebay.

How do you tell this "Hawaiin Sea glass marble" from a marble found at a TOC construction site in, say Cleveland. I'm not bein accusatory here, but is there a way of telling? I've got a jar of marbles that look like this ! I'll sell them for $20 and it will be a bargain deal :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEA-BEACH-GLASS-RARE-MARBLE-TURQUOISE-AQUA-BLUE-ANTIQUE_W0QQitemZ130279263261QQihZ003QQcategoryZ41221QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ht_2248wt_909

farmgal

Reaction score
RE: Sea glass marbles ? Hmm...

Hey bram....

Nice marbles but they look like the ones I remember as a child. And if I am correct the big tin can of them are still in the closet back home. The tin can is worth more then the marbles most likely. farmgal

blobbottlebob

Reaction score

The seller must be happy. $66 seems like a ton for that. It looks like a regular marble with a matte finish. They don't specify if they themselves formed that from a piece of beach glass or if they found it (already in marble shape) at the beach. I've seen cooler pontilled marbles sell for less!

Road Dog

Reaction score

Could be a foreign Sparkler or a Master Marble. At Best ,If it were a German Pontil Mib in mint condition it would not get half that.[:D]

Road Dog

Reaction score

People collect Sea Glass. Might be something to do with those old Glass Shards.$$$$$[:D]

adshepard

Reaction score

I've seen some crazy prices for sea glass on eBay. There have been some ungodly prices on glass stoppers. I got tons of them and maybe it's time to run them through a tumbler for a sea glass look and make some cash.

Alan

farmgal

Reaction score

I have sea glass from Cape Cod and New London CT....The memories aren't worth cash to me. I'll keep the sea glass. Sad tho so much has to have a price on it.....farmgal

Bottleman

Reaction score

Last year I ran a plain aqua stopper through the bottle tumbler but I used sand and rocks instead of copper. The darn thing brought over $50 to a “sea glass†collector. I felt a little bad after doing it though so I haven’t done any since. I can tell you though that a good majority of the so called sea glass objects like marbles and stoppers on ebay are fakes that people run through tumblers.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter