Semi cabin bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Conch times

Reaction score
I bought a collection from a local guy of 145 bottles and I'm only keeping the 21 Key West bottles. I can't seem to find any info on this one, can anyone help me with some history on it? It says ROEHLING & SCHUTZ, Inc. on it.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello I am sure it looks like a bitters bottle. They are very collectable. The firs Question is - Are there any seam lines on the very top of the bottles finish (whhere a closure would go on or in. The next look is the bottom - Does it show a pontil mark? If the first question was no, then it could mean it was hand blown - If it was hand blown they would have to put a handle on the bottom, which was a punty rod of some type. Sorry for the over kill, but I have no idea of your bottle making knowledge. { I think the bottle is an early BITTERS container. It is made of Black Glass (which is really a very dark green). And I don't have one - so I would like to buy it. } So there you have some idea about your bottle. I have spent many hours and over 77 years of collecting glass, manufacturing glass molds and Applications Engineering in the worlds glass industry - so I have a ;ittle write-up for new collectors, and my home page which is shown below covers a few subjects of bottle making and my e-mail is available if you want personal contact. <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com> I think you can check all of the collection you have gotten - regarding the two questions I gave you above - and then realize the ones that are hand blown = are what we collect and appreciate. I have studied and collected over a thousand glass pieces in my life time - and I am still loving the hobby. RED Matthews

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Back again, I would like to have you show us all the embossed printing on the bottle; To do that "/give the location " of what is readable. This will help me looking it up. RED M.

Conch times

Reaction score
Good Morning Mr. Matthews Sir.
I have been a member of the forum for a few years now. You have helped me track down info before but I have not been on the forum lately. I don't have the bottle with me right now as I'm at work but I have a picture of the embossing on the bottom. The only other mark is a monogram. I believe it's a whiskey bottle.

sunrunner

Reaction score
yes it is a whisky if it isn't machine made id put it at around late 1890s to early 1900s

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
There's some in the internet but not a lot, you have to piece it together. Under that name the only ran a few years from 1913-15

Conch times

Reaction score
I've got an offer of $175 on it but the lack of info makes me think it's fairly rare and that I should keep it. Last one I found was sold in 2002 for $165.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well you have a good one; I guess, I was able to read SHUTZI with a small NC on the end of it.I went to my latest book by Michael Polak - and couldn't find it there. So I still need more embossing detail. That was his 7th edition. I went to his Third edition and it wasn't in their either. So I can only feel it is a good one any - you didn't comment about seams on the neck glass or evidence of empontiling. spell check didn't like that one. C. RED Matthews

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
There are either two spellings on the bottles (2 molds) or typo's on the net and books. Pre-pro says SCHUTZ like yours.THIS guy says SCHULTZ and they did make a Tonic or at least sold booze as one.In the Gardner Auction catalog it also said Schultz as does THIS on the aussie site. So does Kovels.I can't verify any of the ones on Worthpoint® either but they tend toward Schutz in the description. So does THIS and THIS but that says issued in 1916 so it throws off the pre-pro dates.[8|][8|][8|]Well, let's try SCHULZ...or not. Are we having fun yet? [:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese