shards wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rvcdigger

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase (or take for free) any of your unwanted shards.

Yes, you read that correctly....so please read more...

I am located in the NYC area but will travel as far south as Delaware and as far north as Conneticut. If you have a mass accumulation elsewhere, we can arrange something.

I am specifically looking for ANY old transferware and ANY mochaware. Hand painted stuff is OK but it needs to be ornate. Please no redware, yelloware or feather edge. If it is mixed up with the stuff I need then we could work something out.

SAVE YOUR SHARDS. Thanks, RD

druggistnut

Reaction score
Hey RVC,
Why don't you post a few pictures of the type of pottery/stoneware you are looking for. I know that many people I talk to have a name in their mind that doesn't match what I might show them, and vice-versa. Take the guesswork out, for all of us.
Bill

rvcdigger

Reaction score
Hi druggistnut. I wrote about the types of shards I need. I use the correct terms. Google transferware and mochaware. I was specific on NO yelloware (which might have a mistakingly mocha pattern). I also mentioned hand painted shards. That is pretty self explanatory, but again I said it has to be ornate and I also mentioned no feather edge (google that too). I would take some pictures for you but I need them and there are plenty of pictures online.

Redware and stoneware are also unwanted.

Just old white stuff with decoration. Thanks

druggistnut

Reaction score
So when I google it and displays photos of mochaware-- the ones that say they are mochaware designs on yellowware, those should be disregarded. Gotcha.

rvcdigger

Reaction score
Yes. The yelloware mocha is not wanted. If it had worm designs, then I would accept but I don't want to confuse anyone and get a bucket of banded or dendrite pattern yelloware.

Rvc

2find4me

Reaction score
Don't mean 2 be nosy but I'm curious about watcha doin. Do u collect it, piece back together cool dishes or use them in another cool project? Like I said Ill be gettin u some stuff.

jays emporium

Reaction score
It is NOT self explanatory. I have no idea what you are looking for. Most of us are bottle collectors but don't know pottery terms.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rvcdigger

Hi druggistnut. I wrote about the types of shards I need. I use the correct terms. Google transferware and mochaware. I was specific on NO yelloware (which might have a mistakingly mocha pattern). I also mentioned hand painted shards. That is pretty self explanatory, but again I said it has to be ornate and I also mentioned no feather edge (google that too). I would take some pictures for you but I need them and there are plenty of pictures online.

Redware and stoneware are also unwanted.

Just old white stuff with decoration. Thanks

WOW! You want to "purchase or take for free," which means to me you wouldn't pay much if anything. After a respected member posts a reply, you post with this if you don't know what I'm talkin about, go look it up attitude. We are generally a much friendlier type on here. I agree with Jay. Then again, you are another newbie on here looking for something for free or little to nothing it appears. This is more of a glass bottle site than a pottery site anyway. JMHO

PD

epackage

Reaction score
Hi all, I want your stuff but I'll leave all the research up to you because I'm too busy to post a couple of pics of what I'm hoping you'll give away for free....SMFH[8|]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson