show your buys from the Baltimore Bottle Show

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

Today was a great bottle show... but not for me. I had a hard time finding any NJ bottles at all, let alone bottles from the towns I'm looking for! I ended up finding one local I was looking for, and had to pay $20 for it. All in all, an astounding number of bottles there, just VERY few I was looking for. I think I'll stick to NJ shows only from now on...

The bottle I got is nice nonetheless. It's a 10.5 inch tall aqua blob top something. Could be a beer or soda. It's very whittled and crude, so I estimate it's from the 1870's. Not pontilled. It's a pretty large bottle. It has "J. W. RANSLEY & SON/ EAST ORANGE/ N.J." embossed in a tombstone slugplate. On the other side, it has "THIS BOTTLE NOT TO BE SOLD".
I found from the website "sodasandbeers.com" that this bottle used Cunningham's Disk Stopper. According to the site, it was only used on 3 bottles, two of which were by the inventor's company itself. It was an unsuccessful closure type, which might make this rarer. Maybe... What do you think?

1269C635928C4EA5951ADA9F0C1437B7.jpg
Great Bottle Wheelie, just realized I have another version of this bottle, it's a quart with the long neck like the one you have, it's yours if you want it, just let me know....Jim....the stopper will not be on the bottle, I need it for another one of my bottles...

ransley.jpg

KBbottles

Reaction score
Buffalo hunter, i live right on the border of kingston! Is that a blob your describing? Id be interested to see it!

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
Yep it's a blob. I'd take a guess at 12oz., it's aqua, oval slugplate reads "THE PROPERTY OF / EMILIO GRANDI / KINGSTON / N.J. / REGISTERED / THIS BOTTLE NOT TO BE SOLD". I'll try and post a picture tomorrow.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
KB has dibs on the Kingston bottle, it seems. He needs it more than I do. Apparently the Ransley company auctioned of all their property in 1916. I found a newspaper ad for the company from 1903. Gives an approximate idea of when this bottle may be from. I still think mine is much earlier, it really looks 1870's to me.

KBbottles

Reaction score
Thx Wheelah! Nice west orange bottle!! I think i have a half pint milk somewhere from the oranges id be happy to send your way some time if you want it.

Buffalo, i dug a broken one in town over the summer. Would love to see a pic and if ur interested in selling just let me know :)

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

KB has dibs on the Kingston bottle, it seems. He needs it more than I do. Apparently the Ransley company auctioned of all their property in 1916. I found a newspaper ad for the company from 1903. Gives an approximate idea of when this bottle may be from. I still think mine is much earlier, it really looks 1870's to me.
I agree Connor, that is some great whittle on your's...good luck on the Kingston Kenny....Jim

KBbottles

Reaction score
That is true. Wheelah, I apologize for jumping in on this one. If you need this one, it's all yours but I thought you were a north jersey collector. Your call buddy! :)

imukdiver

Reaction score
These are my goodies from the show. A really nice E.E. Sprenger hutch, and a flawless george reese blob. Had a great time , waiting for next year already. [:D]

imukdiver

Reaction score
Oops forgot the pic. LOL

DB433778C7B84C8BA00BF1A5BDD1C74A.jpg

Attachments

• DB433778C7B84C8BA00BF1A5BDD1C74A.jpg
    DB433778C7B84C8BA00BF1A5BDD1C74A.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads