SICK of getting burnt!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
That would work.. if you got any leftovers, save 'em for me!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Whoah, that chip is so shockingly gigantic it might just be worth keeping as an example of both egregious human ignorance, and of an extreme manifestation of the chonchoidal fracture of glass! That chip is so big it is almost humorous (granted, I wasn't the one who had to to pay for it, hehe) [:D].

I got a label-only blown med from Peoria a while back, and when it arrived I saw a rather large though shallow chip (7/8ths inch X 1 and 1/4th inch) on the side of the bottle, and no shards were in the box so it must have been listed and sold in that unstated inferior condition. I told the seller and she said that it was in her collection for years and she would have seen it... as if I was lying to her. WTF [:mad:]. These silly feeble-minded blind old bats need some corrective prescription eye-wear and a hearty bonk on the head. In your case, it's even harder to not perceive and then report a chip when it is about as big as the damn bottle itself.

boostinginvegas

Reaction score
That is crazy.... they need a negative feedback just for being stupid...that chip is so big a blind person can see it

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
That looks more like a chip with a bottle attatched to it! Even someone who knows nothing at all about bottles or glass would have seen that when they were listing it. That`s just someone listing it, hoping that they will get a good price, and hoping that the buyer won`t notice the damage. I hope it works out well for you!

4F0E16CE45C745399D8817278CF250AB.jpg

Attachments

• 4F0E16CE45C745399D8817278CF250AB.jpg
    4F0E16CE45C745399D8817278CF250AB.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 70

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
Hey Chaz, that's what the eBay feedback platform is for, so use it. Fortunately for all of the poor unsuspecting buyers and unfortunately for the slime sucking predatory sellers, you can leave a negative and not receive one back in kind!

I would leave him the feedback that he deserves, &%$@# him and feed him fish. Additionally, I would post his eBay name here, if you haven't already done so. He doesn't deserve an opportunity to even try to justify his actions, leave him a negative in all categories and I will reimburse you for the bottle. :)

No need to thank me, I m just that kinda guy!

bottle_head9

Reaction score
That there really sucks Charlie!! Not sure how far your gonna take it, but Paypal will actually refund shipping in some cases.long story short, I spent $360.00 on a POS chainsaw that was described wrong.Filed claims and spoke with agent at Paypal.They refunded Everything, shipping also.That was for A lot more money though.Maybe the seller will work with you.Good luck[;)]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That peeler comment was great. I though of butternut squash that tends to snap that way at the end. The one about showing just how odd a bottle can fracture was great too for a reason to keep it. Really though, unless it's so rare that it's worth $50 as is anyway complain like crazy and don't let them stiff you for the shipping. Heck, if there's a way charge them pain and suffering. Well, at least a fee for repacking and travel. Good luck with the last two.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, folks! This morning I sent it right back from whence it came, in the same box and all.. and the more I think about this, the more convinced I am that some neg FB is in this seller's future.. it was rather a bone-headed maneuver on his part, wasn't it!?

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
Bone head, you're understating here Chaz, an extra chromosome is more likely his problem?

You should mail him the link to these posts, perhaps he'll enjoy the fame!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Hi ..just got another 'gem' in the mail, an ebay item of course.. this bottle was described as being "in fair condition" and I suppose that is vague enough to describe the fact that half the side of this thing is chipped off! There's some really good sellers on ebay and I will continue to do business with them, but I am ALL DONE with trusting the rest of them. Now I have to eat return shipping.. happy shopping, folks!

Its nothing but a fleabite...

FDD2817DDED648A890948C5C592C0EC3.jpg

Attachments

• FDD2817DDED648A890948C5C592C0EC3.jpg
    FDD2817DDED648A890948C5C592C0EC3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 73

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members