silly things people do

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

suzanne

Reaction score
I know it's hard to admit you did something silly. Therefore I will start with me. I was about to go to bed upstairs when Sara came down and informed me of the presence of a big-ass wolf spider near my bed. First I laid up there in fear. My thoughts reeled as I imagined waking up groggily looking into 8 alien eye's.So then I went downstairs and crawled into Sars's couch, burrowing deeply under the covers for safety. When Sara came home I became entertainment. Now everyone knows about my terrible fear of big fat ugly black furry spiders. It was a shameful moment I will never be able to reconcile.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
All eight of my eyes are spinning. You were about to go upstairs and Sara came down and you went down to the couch but then she came home or something like that?
I do get the spider part, irrational fears might be a good title but wolfs do bite and can hurt you. I get those jumping spiders in the house all the time but I like them. So does the cat, he goes nuts chasing them.
As for silly things, I'll need to think about it. I know I must have some. Maybe heights, I used to love them, now I panic. It's not the falling part though, it's the landing, falling still sounds like fun.

epackage

Reaction score
When I was about 6 or 7 I was eating dinner with my family, suddenly I had to pee really bad so I got up and headed for the bathroom. I mad a right turn at the bathroom door and went to the back door where my toybox was, I lifted the lid and peed in it and then went back and sat down to finish dinner. Does that qualify???[8D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Does that qualify???
I fell asleep taking a bath when I was a kid. Now I do it in the shower.[:)] What would be sillier, drowning or cracking your head open? [8|]
That reminds me, I want that photo so I can burn it.[:D]

glass man

Reaction score
When I was four or so and taking a bath ..I crapped in the bath tub..I was yelling for mom as I ran round and round the tub with the turd following me like JAWS or something!!It was like it was alive and after me!!"MAMA MAMA HELP HELP"!!
[8D]

Another time when I was little I had my cowboy holster on with the guns in it..A telephone pole had been removed leaving a small round hole.For some reason I decided to get in the hole..I was small enough to do it.I got in but could not get out because the gun holster kept me in,,I sent my cousin to the house to get my mother..he told mom "JAMIE is in a hole and can't get out"!Mom could make no sense out of that,but came out and saw my problem..There was a garage next to our house .Mom went there and got a man to get me out.He could not pull me out ..so he had to dig me out,I still remember seeing worms as he dug..it was torture,but I was finally free..I still remember how great that felt! JAMIE

rockbot

Reaction score
In 2nd grade a kid was blocking the entrance to the steel rocket slide on our play ground. The bell rang and he wouldnʻt get out of the way. There was about seven of us trapped and the girls started to cry cause they didnʻt want to be late for class ( big trouble back then) so I pushed the kid off the rocket.

I can still hear the ambulance coming!

[&:]

suzanne

Reaction score
[:D][:D][:D]
Sorry - I see it need's editing but it's too late.

suzanne

Reaction score
Fortunately there is no shortage of silly things I have done so I am submitting this one to make up for the spider one.

Since being diagnosed with ADD I take a low dose of adderall once a day. Too bad a lot of capsule pills look about the same.

Some months later, I was driving round trip 168 miles to work because I had to go home and care for my mother at nite. One morning I got up, got ready, took my pill, and headed off to work. An hour into the trip tears were running out of my eyes from yawning and a thick gray cloud seemed to have blanketed my mind.

The next day there was a blizzard raging outside. I looked out and thought, "Yesterday I could hardly stay awake driving. My pills must not be working as well anymore. Today I'd better take 2 of them.

I got 23 miles from the house and somehow ended up in a drainage culvert with snow up to the bumpers. I staggered off into the dark and came to a Hardee's. I spent about an hour drinking coffee and consuming breakfast items while waiting for help. Daylight came and I headed back to the scene of misfortune. People were gathered around the beached car taking pictures! One woman turned and smiled at me. I quess she thought I came to take pictures too. Turns out the citizen's of Muscatine had an ongoing battle with the city council about cars falling in the culvert because there was no sign or anything and my car was going to be in the paper.

Help arrived. The next day I got up to go to work. Before I left I went to take my pill. This time I happened to glance at the label. I realized they were actually my mother's barbiturate sleeping pills. I told one of my kids about it. The next morning one of their freinds appeared in the kitchen at 4 am and said, "Don't forget to take some sleeping pills before you go - ha, ha, such a funny kid

Vidula

Reaction score
Taking sleeping pills and driving certainly doesn't qualify as silly.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229