Small aqua bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

debodun

Reaction score
I assume these octagonals are poison. Dimensions in photo.

octagonals1.jpg
octagonals2.jpg
octagonals3.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I don't think they're food bottles at 2 inches tall. I don't know about them being poison either though, could be all sorts of different things.

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Some of these small aqua bottles were indelible ink bottles with paper labels. I have embossed a Carters ink and FK (F Kidder) open pontil ink.
Also have tiny early paint bottles with paper as well.

Cliff

willong

Reaction score
Also have tiny early paint bottles with paper as well.
That's reminiscent of a find featured in a YouTube video--I think it was produced by one of the "mudlarkers" from England--of a small corked bottle still full of a brilliant, metallic gold paint. Although it was a bit larger, it reminded me of the "metal flake" enamel paints, Testor's brand as I recall, I would use on car models as a kid.

I believe pinstripe decorations on furniture, signage and cabinetry was popular in the late 19th century.

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's reminiscent of a find featured in a YouTube video--I think it was produced by one of the "mudlarkers" from England--of a small corked bottle still full of a brilliant, metallic gold paint. Although it was a bit larger, it reminded me of the "metal flake" enamel paints, Testor's brand as I recall, I would use on car models as a kid.

I believe pinstripe decorations on furniture, signage and cabinetry was popular in the late 19th century.
I was thinking paint would be a likely one for that little one on the left as well, although the couple of labeled paint bottles I've got from that era are shaped more like inks. It is quite similar in form to those modern model paint bottles like you said though.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen