small lakeside dump and 7 up bottle found

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
happened to come across a small lakeside dump , its sort of near a small cottage type area , was poking around and found it near a road and between a small creek .

when I first came across it I found a 7 up swim bottle and wondered if there was anything else interesting nearby . but didn't find much and bugs are starting to get really bad all of a sudden so I didn't stay that long

only other soda bottle found was a broken amber orange crush bottle , also found some ketchup / sauce bottles , liquor bottle , glass jars , small green screw top bottle , broken cups , blue dishes , couple common amber mixing bottles . it seems to date from early 50's era

20200519_141855.jpg
20200519_141904.jpg
20200519_154239.jpg
20200519_163408.jpg

Attachments

• 20200519_141855.jpg
    20200519_141855.jpg
    840.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 20200519_163418.jpg
    20200519_163418.jpg
    773 KB · Views: 132

RCO

Reaction score
the 7 up bottle has a date of 1949 on the bottom , missing the red paint as its faded away from being outdoors

from " 7 UP ( ONTARIO ) Limited - Toronto "

has a " fresh up " drink , sip it slowly , taste each sip , enjoy the finer flavour "
you like 7up , 7up likes you
contents 7 fl oz ,
this trademarked bottle must not be used for any other drink

DSC02686.JPG
DSC02687.JPG

treeguyfred

Reaction score
These pretty 7up bottles have always had a place in my heart... and I find it interesting to see the differences between USA and Canada. slightly differing slogans, the warning about the trademarked bottle and so on...
additionally, I see what I believe to be Certo bottles? the two amber bottles in the middle with prolly upside down embossing and fill lines? If i'm correct that they are Certo, they were concentrated flavoring for use in a soda mixing dispenser machine.
From the items you've shown and described I'm thinking that you've found a summer camp location from the post WW2 era that had sprung up all over the US and Canada. They flourished because of booming economies and improved travel infrastructure. Hope you can continue to enjoy searching the site.
~Fred

RCO

Reaction score
These pretty 7up bottles have always had a place in my heart... and I find it interesting to see the differences between USA and Canada. slightly differing slogans, the warning about the trademarked bottle and so on...
additionally, I see what I believe to be Certo bottles? the two amber bottles in the middle with prolly upside down embossing and fill lines? If i'm correct that they are Certo, they were concentrated flavoring for use in a soda mixing dispenser machine.
From the items you've shown and described I'm thinking that you've found a summer camp location from the post WW2 era that had sprung up all over the US and Canada. They flourished because of booming economies and improved travel infrastructure. Hope you can continue to enjoy searching the site.
~Fred

there was a few more of those amber certo bottles there , they have no real value so I wasn't that worried about them at the time

I suspect it was a small dumping from a summer camp or cottage type area . there is some older lakeside cottages nearby and a large dock . so has been people using that spot during the summer for some time

although not sure why they dumped so close to the road and cottage area itself , you think they could of found a spot a bit further away from things

surprised there wasn't more soda bottles in it , didn't even see any broken pieces of other bottles , not even coca cola or pepsi

although possible if there was soda bottles in plain view someone else could of found them years ago

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2