Smooth sand pontil bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well since moving we have put a lot of glass in a storage unit. So I don't have my wolfs here to picture them. Next month I will have access to try and find the right box. After 40 years in one house you accumulate a lot of stuff. And with a house in NY that I have lived in since I was six months old - there is a HELL OF A LOTTA STUFF there. Including a lotta bottles and glass.

There are four or five of the Wolfe bottles in the Edison Museum here at Fort Myers FL. He had them in some set-ups of his laboratory there = which is now a Museum.

They are laboratory cylinders with usually three spouts on the top of them in a row. There are usually fl-aired with two of them applied on each side towards the edge.

The one on your bottle would have to be heavier for the use intended. RED Matthews

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hey Red, did you mean Woulff bottle? I'm not sure this would qualify with only one neck if you did. I thought they had at least two. They are a cool invention though.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Thanks Eric, I guess you could be right - I didn't go back and look it up - so when I hurry I can mess it up.
Mine are still packed up. I never saw one like this one, but I would think it was for some liquid supply purpose. He didn't say if it had a ground or tapered hole for a cork or stopper.
From his color description, one would have to assume it was getting some sun colored amethyst influence.
Neat bottle anyway. I like things that are different and provide us with mysteries. RED Matthews

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Mike,

Welcome to the A-BN. That's an aspirator bottle used in the handling of reagents. Seems unlikely it is related to Wells Fargo coaches. Any evidence of a meth lab in the area? [8D]

aspirator_bottle.jpg
From.

Clam

Reaction score
It looks like a lab bottle to, I don't know how it worked back in the day but now they have book after book of specialized glass containers for labratories and even with the literally tens of thousands of standard size containers most orders are customized and come with certified engineer drawings and that is why you can still find a new bottle with a pontil mark or a ground off one as in this case, or don't find them because they are quite expensive......Greg

dirt works

Reaction score
thanks for your reply can you tell me how to delet my bottle thanks mike

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: dirt works

thanks for your reply can you tell me how to delet my bottle thanks mike
Al Gore has screwed you, once your bottle hits the Interwebs it's there for life!!![8D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1