So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
LOL I just saw this and was going upstairs to get the kids' sets...

I have so many Magic/Yu Gi Oh/Pokemon cards... I sat down one weekend and inventoried all of them... that was like, 1-2k cards...
did all of our hot wheels and Maisto cars too....
going to be a big fun time getting all of this stuff situated and listed/sold.... I have almost 7 sprial notebooks full...

Nice pick on the nickel...

daughter and I went to the gas station- they have Code Red fountain soda...omg...it's like crack...found a 48 nickel...

k..off for now..guy on MD forums is up and we're going to go hunting

MIdigger

Reaction score
Well, Ive found some more tokens and coins (maybe $4 or so). Did a clean up after a local event and came away with some goods. A 1,000,000.00 bill that I thought was a genuine $100....no such luck. But cleared about $14 in returnables, some nice new Nike Dual fusion shoes, some new shirts, D rings, and other odds and ends.

Hope everyones finding some goods.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Hit an after the fair--fairgrounds in another county yesterday for a few hours. I found a VW bug (hot wheels or match box) a rubber frog, 2 brass collar dog clips, a brass door piece, $3.63 in change, and a 1954 silver dime, and a 1944-s wheat cent. Hope everyones getting some time in detecting.

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Been detecting lately and haven't found much. My dad is always at work so I have to walk to places. Found a 1944 P silver nickel in my front yard. And about a $1.20 in a neighbors yard but the ground is way to dry to detect the parks around here. Will get out after it rains some. Hopefully.......

myersdiggers1998

Reaction score
This is all I find , commons , one 57 wheat and a 46 nickel.

0B18C1CDC61C4EB491BFC7E9D7C08F7C.jpg

Attachments

• 0B18C1CDC61C4EB491BFC7E9D7C08F7C.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 85

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: myersdiggers1998

This is all I find , commons , one 57 wheat and a 46 nickel.

Go detect those abandon houses man. I bet there is some old stuff in that ground including bottles.

you can get that new stuff at the bank on payday :)

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Got out this morning for a few hours with my dad. We found about $2.00 worth of clad and then I found the goodie of the day. I was detecting under this tree where I found a SLQ a couple years ago and got a high tone but then would go down to the penny signal so I dug it and 3 inches down I saw a nickel. I was thinking Jefferson but nope a 1936 Buffalo Nickel in awesome shape. It was a good morning.

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Went out this evening around my block. Had a very good night also. Right along the sidewalk I got a real nice tone and I thought silver. Nope 5 inches down I see a coin. I then thought wheat. Nope. I rub it a little and see the wreath of an Indian Cent. Got home and cleaned it up. 1879 Indian cent my second. Then I went back out and right along the road I got a nice tone and it was a nice 1936 Wheat penny. I then tried for at least an hour trying to find a silver but without luck. Going to take it easy for a while now. Good luck out there everybody!!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Glad you all are getting some finds. I went back to the Warrior Dash event, and combed an area and came away with 20+ Warrior dash medals/ribbons (cleaned and on C/L $$), plus about $3 in coin, 1 1938 wheat cent, and the best find..................a kids cast metal ME-109 WW-2 German fighter that looks like it was buried in the 40s.
Hit a ballfield as a last try, got another $2 in change, 2.50 in returnables, 3 softballs, and checking the dumpster---someone cleaned their garage out and left me about 35lbs of 1/2" and 3/4" copper pipe, fittings, electric motors, and a batch of brass fittings too. Once again, score for the Sultan of Scrounge!. Good luck all.

ironmountain

Reaction score
man you guys are scoring!
you're tearing up on the old coins bottle.
Rich, i'm not even going to start on what you find. you're like Fred Sanford's messiah....
if you're out crawling and you see a powerlifting looking guy with short hair and glasses following you, it's not me..seriously....

got out the other day.... found nothing but casings and bullets and headstamps....

I finally was able to get through just the books I have lying around..
quite a few first editions and a few weird ones...

a book on folk songs
a book on plantation songs
both have the music etc...nice books...
a nice 60's Glenn (published by Chilton) Foreign Car Repair Manual
some Stephen King fe's that i have doubles of
some Kosinski
a few signed cookbooks

the weirdest books that are actually worth quite a bit:
sincere's min-bike manual... was at the library with daughter and they have a few huge carts of books for .25cents.
Saw this and it reminded me of the mini-bike that i had at my grandfather's house when i was a kid.
who knew that it's a 1st ed, 1st printing and is rare as heck? i saw one go on a forum for 350..crazy.
The Eugenics book I found:
Parenthood and Race Culture. 1st ed,looks to be never read...1909. Eugenics is a bit disturbing....there's a nice wiki on it.
The Law of Land Contracts... 1922...asher l cornelius. this is one of the seminal books on land contracts...

daughter found the best one yet:

she picked it up at thrift store we were bumming around at:
The perfect way; or the Finding of Christ by Anna Bonus Kingsford 1888 and Edward Maitland.
this one is a revised enlarged edition. basically 2nd edition.

She wrote it when she was quite young.
she was a Hermetic Qabalist..
she died at 41 of pneumonia.

sent in pics and description for a estimate to a pretty well known auction house to see if it's worth the time for them to actually appraise it and auction it...

here's a pic of the cover....wife calling...

34E859BB98324AC9B87F46FD77907784.jpg

Attachments

• 34E859BB98324AC9B87F46FD77907784.jpg
    34E859BB98324AC9B87F46FD77907784.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member