So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

carobran

Reaction score
RE: 2-9 hunt =FAIL

Silver spoons?Geezz,I guess we need to stop giving up so easily when metal detectig.Usually if we can feel that its not a coin we just cover it up and move on.[&:]

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score

I did find a 1913 wheatie yesterday, so not everyone's 2-9 hunt was a fail.[;)]

MIdigger

Reaction score

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile!.

Caro--yeah one of the places I detect is a HUGE former dump. Lots of old silverware and china from food joints. I find a bit of stainless silverware, but about 95% is silverplate and once in a blue moon sterling. Find a lot of neat stuff there. That scrap adds up.

appliedlips

Reaction score

2-9 was a good day, spent and hour and a half doing a local front yard. Several Indians, and a nice token were also found.

7BC014267ACB45D9BD3D13C9EDB2ABD6.jpg

Attachments

• 7BC014267ACB45D9BD3D13C9EDB2ABD6.jpg
    7BC014267ACB45D9BD3D13C9EDB2ABD6.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 72

LC

Reaction score

Collected coins when I was a youngster . Had quite a bit of silver up into my twenties . Something about those Mercury dimes , always liked that figure head on them . Of course , that was during the time of my wild drinking days . Got smashed one night and sold it all to a friend for face value . Never thought much of him after that for taking advantage of the situation , but blame myself more for being ignorant enough to do such a thing to begin with .

MIdigger

Reaction score

That wouldve been a tough one to wake up to. Been a collector since I was a kid. One of the neighbors was a dealer and got me interested. Remember going through all the books and saving my lunch money to buy some from him each week.

A.L.-- nice coins. Like the old Barber series. Mercs are ok, and always nice to find.

appliedlips

Reaction score

Thanks Rick, yeah the condition for a barber is excellent. Normally, they are worn down to nothing. Bad pic but, all letters in Liberty are very clear. Dug a 96 O quarter in December I need to have graded, it is in killer shape. Coin hunting sure fills the need to treasure hunt when limited time is available. NOTHING that compares to privy digging however! Something about the sound in your ears, and being outside that can take your mind off of anything.

appliedlips

Reaction score

I know what you mean Louis, the mercs are beautifully designed coins! Plenty of em out there and its never too late to replace the ones gone. They are atleast affordable to collect unlike some series. You only have to pay big bucks for one in the series.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Wood stroll finds

Decided to check the old dump area. The walls were somewhat caved in but I saw a few bottles and tugged them out (commons). Then I saw a spoon sticking out (sterling), then wandering the other side about 3ft in I saw another stem sticking out. Another sterling teaspoon. May go see what can be found tomorrow over there. Then hit my metal detecting spot and see what can be found.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigJayKay