So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

riverdiver

Reaction score
The other side...

FEC57D96CE2945528D795331A0348A2D.jpg

Attachments

• FEC57D96CE2945528D795331A0348A2D.jpg
    FEC57D96CE2945528D795331A0348A2D.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 72

riverdiver

Reaction score
All of the finds together, down in front is an unfurled sterling ring, also found a copper one with an "A" on it. I went to the local PD and turned in the CC as it was issued this month.

D4EAA73086B345B9B608855DA80CFF2A.jpg

Attachments

• D4EAA73086B345B9B608855DA80CFF2A.jpg
    D4EAA73086B345B9B608855DA80CFF2A.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 76

crystal

Reaction score
[:eek:] GOOFY GIRL COMMENT: I'm new, first post: I'm so happy I stumbled on this site!! I live in SW Missouri and am fairly new to old glass and bottle collecting but I am lucky enough to live in an old town with creeks (cricks) full of old bottles and treasures and recently I rescued my fathers 1970's Garrett Electronics "The Hunter" metal detector out of his closet after 20 years of retirement. I spent the day trying to figure out the dam***d whistles, dings, and cracks that my father seemed to know as a second language when I was a kid. I dug the dirt floor out of the shed thinking the machine was indicating "treasure" when in fact, it was indicating high iron content in the rocky soil..MAYBE?? Anyway, my treasure report: 5 pieces of aluminum foil, 2 rocks, a sore back, 3 blisters, 5 nails, a door hinge and a renewed love of BOTTLES! [:D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: crystal

[:eek:] GOOFY GIRL COMMENT: I'm new, first post: I'm so happy I stumbled on this site!! I live in SW Missouri and am fairly new to old glass and bottle collecting but I am lucky enough to live in an old town with creeks (cricks) full of old bottles and treasures and recently I rescued my fathers 1970's Garrett Electronics "The Hunter" metal detector out of his closet after 20 years of retirement. I spent the day trying to figure out the dam***d whistles, dings, and cracks that my father seemed to know as a second language when I was a kid. I dug the dirt floor out of the shed thinking the machine was indicating "treasure" when in fact, it was indicating high iron content in the rocky soil..MAYBE?? Anyway, my treasure report: 5 pieces of aluminum foil, 2 rocks, a sore back, 3 blisters, 5 nails, a door hinge and a renewed love of BOTTLES! [:D]
Welcome X 10, what a great first post!!!![:D][:D] I love it!!!!!!!!!
I hope you stick around.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Went scratching around the cass river this weekend. Found about $5 in various change, 1 little Cleo 3/4 oz lure (new type no naked woman on this one) and a old brass belt buckle. One nice find was an apple tree (of which I swiped some great tasting apples). Plus dug a few bottles (sodas). Nothing old in the coinage this time. Going back this weekend. Good luck everyone!!.

MIdigger

Reaction score
SILVER----- well, I spied this Kennedy 69-D while in the bank, sitting in the tellers change holder. Yep, its only 40%, but getting it at .50 and (todays coinflation prices) its $3.21 in silver.
I went back and hit the river banks again and found a gold (PLATED) ring, some fishing odds and ends, and another $1.62 in change. 3 quarters in one hole...unfortunately, none silver!. Going to hit some spots this weekend and hope to find some new things. Got the GF a detector so shes learning the machines too.
Oh and finally got a new digital camera, so with her help maybe I can post some pictures of this stuff. Good luck all...

Iron--any snow up there yet? weve been having some cold spells down here and frosts. Seems like this month has already been like October. Have a feeling its gonna be REALLY cold and snowy this Winter (Im hoping for a short warmer winter--probably wont happen).

ironmountain

Reaction score
sounds like you've been busy Rich..
no snow yet. Like you, we've had some cold spells. frost in the morning and such..usually warms up during the day.
I was going to hit the hotel site hard today, but decided to wait a cpl more weeks so the foliage there can be totally dead and creek will be more dry.
i'd rather shovel dirt with a bit of semi-solid muck vs wet nasty muck.

Guy that used to be wife's supervisor was in town last night (he lives 1hr away in Menominee..on the Menominee river) and invited us out for dinner.
He said he was repairing an old fence on one of the 40's he owns and walked off a bit to water a tree and was standing next to an old coyote trap.
He said the tags were from the teens....

he told me to go out whenever I want to dig/md....
he's pulled copper arrowheads out of the riverbed next to his dock and in a couple of his 40's.
and "you can have all of those stupid old bottles piled up"...
wife rolled her eyes and told him not to tell me that because I'd be on his couch for a week.

will be a nice area to hit for late fall.

Nothing else going on here...

dehd221

Reaction score
My son and I found this yesterday no clue what it is???? This is the front

7B23696ED68044B3BEC2A0689AB701C8.jpg

Attachments

• 7B23696ED68044B3BEC2A0689AB701C8.jpg
    7B23696ED68044B3BEC2A0689AB701C8.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 75

ironmountain

Reaction score
dehd..i posted in the other thread....looks like the cap on a tassie for a fountain pen...
the logo there looks like a nib on a fountain pen. the tassie is the bezel piece on top of the cap and what you have there looks like the button/cup shaped piece that goes in the tassie.....
pretty cool find....

I hit up the creek/hotel the other day....was nice and cool out and wanted to dredge the creek/muck a bit....
went toward the rr tracks and found some shards in the marshy grass at the edge....
put the garden rake in and hit glass immediately. Some nice old shards and some 30-40's shards.
pulled out a few generic dose/med bottles...
I was pulling the slop onto the bank next to me in a trench I'd dug.. I looked down and saw what I thought was the arm of an anchor with a palm on it...the "typical" anchor... I reefed on it and it turned out to be a car part... that was what I think is a foot pedal attached to the wheel well?
also found 8 piston connecting rods...and some other misc pieces....
that all took a few hrs so i headed back to the truck. The grass/foliage is still high there so I just poked around. Found another small sauce/food/condiment bottle under a tree... the kind that looks like a really small milk bottle....

going to head back up there this week-weekend...whenever it's cool again.

hope you guys are finding the fun stuff....

here's a pic of one of the piston rods and the hunk I pulled out...

E1D2E510875243A1B2AD33F2C868B375.jpg

Attachments

• E1D2E510875243A1B2AD33F2C868B375.jpg
    E1D2E510875243A1B2AD33F2C868B375.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 71

MIdigger

Reaction score
Just a short note...hit campground, 102 coins and g/f found 40, couple wheats (1940s vintage) a few lures, sinkers, 1 brass ring (size 12). Will check back in soon, Iron will read up your post later. Looks promising for something. Good luck all.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigJayKay