So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Glad you located your phone!, sometimes they are great to have (detectors) for many different reasons.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Went and hit a church area and met up with another detectorist. I pulled a few bucks in change, nothing special, he nabbed a 61 quarter for the silver steal!.

Plumbata

Reaction score
I hit another torn-up curb strip for a quick 10 minute hunt. Got 1 quarter, 1 copper Lincoln, and a 1944 Mercury dime just as I was finishing up the spot! Scouted out some more decent looking areas, so hopefully additional silvers will be found. Best of luck everybody.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Nice plumb--- congrats on silver find!!. My brother in law gave me a spot to check in a neighboring town. 22Q, 15D, and 35P, ($7.35) but nothing old. 1 chunk of copper scrap, and 1 of a brass piece (tossed in my scrap buckets). Also 1 returnable bottle. I figure that wasn't too bad of haul for a couple hrs wandering around. I didn't even clean the whole place so I will have to hit it again sometime soon. Good luck to all.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Perseverance pays!Congrats Rich and PlumCongrats Renee on your first silver dime! Keep Looking!Found another trime 1853 and what might be another fancy suspender buckle, but this one's shield shaped and looks like a lady holding something? with flowers on top and sides.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Cobaltbot wow 1853?? awesome find. Sounds like everyone's getting some decent finds. I did get one belt buckle (brass) at a 1940s plot where a farmhouse was. It was about 12 inches deep, but no markings to I-d from. Got a bit excited when I pulled some glass up too, but nothing but shards of blue-green. Heading back out soon to try some other spots. Good luck!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Got out again and hit a couple sports areas. Pulled a bit over $5 in clad today. One wheat (1939-P), $2.70 in returnable cans. Hit some rummage sales on the way back and got a few items for the flea market. Mostly military items. One was some folks living in the sticks, and had stuff all over in dilapidated buildings it was find your own and name your prices. Grabbed all the copper fittings/brass/some old side latch 50 cal ammo cans, tow hooks, craftsman wrenches, some bottles and jars. Not a bad day. Tomorrow-- heading out to hit some school and park areas. The old milk jugs are getting full of the change, going to have to roll it and exchange at the bank soon. Good luck to all.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Decided to get at it early today. Just over $6 today in assorted coins. 2 wheats - 1941-P, and a 1955-D not much value there. Pulled about $4 in returnables also. Did much better at the rummage sales, picking up some vintage WW2 uniforms and patches, a nice unused WW2 vintage Byers wood/canvas cot very reasonable, early 50 cal M2 ammo can, one excellent condition Grillis beverage (soda from Detroit, MI), a Jado brass towel hanging ring in the box (see these on ebay for 40-50 bucks) I got this one for all of .50 cents new in the box. Plus 3 vintage gas cans (Eagle) 2 gal and 5 gal, an a new craftsman robogrip pliers in the package for $2. Think the metal detectings just a way to pass the time to the next rummage sale.

cryptic

Reaction score
Hit some old mines the other day and found some nice minerals. This one is Silver and Lollingite. The calcite was etched out. What a fantastic mineral specimen this one turned out to be. 12x6x2 cm.[attachment=Detecting.jpg]

Attachments

• cfdae435548748d8ad82c3c8c08cc641.jpg
    cfdae435548748d8ad82c3c8c08cc641.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 80

MIdigger

Reaction score
Some interesting pictures there. Sounds like a great find! Silvers always good to come up with.. Today didn't bring much, $4.85 in change, not one old coin today. Worked some soccer fields, and a small park area. Rain coming hope we get the downpour they say we will get. Plan to hit it again as soon as the rain moves off. Should be able to clean up at a few rummage sales too. Good luck all.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS