So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
sounds like you guys are getting some nice finds. Still raining off and on up here. I did hit a spot yesterday that I was told about for bottles. There's a dam on the Menominee River next to a very old meeting hall.The water had come down quite a bit and I was poking around in a lagoon area between that and the dam. There are tons of huge insulators in there...here is a whole one I pulled up. I didn't have on my digging gear, so didn't venture out too far. it's bigger than it looks in the pic. weighs 10-15lbs and is almost as big as one of the bowls in our kitchen sink... going later this week with some digging clothes.

Attachments

• 23ea7580794d4e3fb464fa73a8dbb47e.jpg
    23ea7580794d4e3fb464fa73a8dbb47e.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 96
  • dcb6613d1fdb4d21b03a439d0774194b.jpg
    dcb6613d1fdb4d21b03a439d0774194b.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 90
  • 8594732fce5841cda98fcbd1ecdf2791.jpg
    8594732fce5841cda98fcbd1ecdf2791.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 83

ironmountain

Reaction score
No idea yet Leon. I'm going to go swamping in there though. The gate into there is now open. The water in that lagoon is very low now. 5" of water or so but still mucky.going to go with the digging gear and pull more of these out (there are some 5 multis out there) and muck about.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Interesting finds Iron, will be curious what else you pull from the mud. I went on a small weekend jaunt through the thumb areas and hit many small town parks and schools. Not much old stuff- 1946-P, 1952-D, and a 1955-D wheat cents. However I still managed to pull up about $12.62 in assorted change. Did pull an '84 Kennedy half from a soccer field. Also found a broken necklace with 3 sterling lady bugs. Bottle returns helped with gas, totaling $10.30 for the weekend. Sebewaing Sugar festival was kind of interesting. Hit some rummages and got some 1940s Shell WW2 era maps, prayer (military) books, a few WW2 History magazines, and a great find on clearance (at a local hardware) was an assortment of master locks of all sorts and sizes for only .50 cents (even for multi-packs) I bought them all. The weather was great, but a bit cold at night camping as it dropped to the mid-low 40s at night. Having the military sleeping bag I stayed pretty warm except when nature called.Only thing I bought at the vendor area was a license plate I had made for my SUV. Its Snoopy in his fighting gear riding on his rooftop fighter- black on silver. Figured it would get some laughs. Later,while eating a sandwich I got buzzed by a nice sized bald eagle. On another drive I observed a fox family playing on some RR tracks. 2 small ones and the parents. Pretty enjoyable weekend.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Well--- I didn't say that! when the wind died down they were in attack mode. How I hate those things.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Road trip to KY and got out detecting this am for a bit. Hit a soccer field area and came out with 1-Kennedy-1973, 6q,1d,5p and some kids toys which I placed on some tables so they may find them. Have eyes on some elementary schools for tomorrows detecting. On a good luck note I did also find a silver cross with Jesus on it in a parking lot while shopping with my sister in law. Keeping it in my wallet now.

Dugout

Reaction score
Seems like you don't need a detector all the time Rich.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Good work scrounging the goodies people. Always like seeing your mine spoil pile silver Cryptic, I remember you posted a massive one a few years back that was something like 3 feet deep. I'd go nuts if I found a boulder of silver, heh. I've done more of my creek/storm drain sifting and have found a 10K ring, 7 or so more silver coins (just a washington and some rosies), a few silver bits, plenty of clad, many pounds of nice Pyrite and Hematite specimens, bullets, brass knuckles, a 1988 class ring (stainless methinks, and the name is inside the band, have to clean it for hopeful return as it isn't legible currently), marbles, scrap, etc. Will be posting in my thread eventually. Honestly, mucking around in the bedrock "traps" in streams or crevices in storm drains is much more fun and entertaining than detecting. It's harder work and you're more prone to getting scrapes/cuts, but the variety of goodies makes it very stimulating. Good luck hunting people!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn