So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

2find4me

Reaction score
MIdigger, It still happens with the sensitivity all the way down, I have only had the detector for a month and I have a 5-year warranty. Thanks for the suggestion.

2find4me

Reaction score
MIdigger, It still happens with the sensitivity all the way down, I have only had the detector for a month and I have a 5-year warranty. Thanks for the suggestion.

ironmountain

Reaction score
Wish I could get out and detect/dig. The ground here is mud/squish/frozen still.I am going to go do some surface exploring very soon.Friend bought a house in Florence, Wisconsin that sits on a ledge that overlooks a natural fed pond and there were many stills in that area.There was quite a bit of evil around there in the mid-late 1800s.Hundreds of lumber camps and saloons/brothels. Many of the girls at the brothels were trafficked in.Girls from all walks of life were coerced/kidnapped and taken up here. Some were at these camps voluntarily.The worst was a guy named Mudge and his sister.He had a compound and the girls never left unless they were dead.Dogs, stockade fence, guards.We're going to find the site (it was burned down) and dig around.Here's a link to a small article about Mr. Mudge and his daughter.http://genealogytrails.co...hotographs_History.htm

2find4me

Reaction score
Sandchip, just saw your comment I didn't have my cell phone but I was about 100 yards from a power line.Still this was on the lowest sensitivity.

bottlerocket

Reaction score
My F2 has given what I believe are false hits in the zinc range. At least that is what I am thinking. Some times I get a hit and dig until there is no hit in the hole. I then search the plug and extracted dirt and nothing. Being the ground is moist, could that cause false hits? It is strange.
I am getting used to it and going after specific tones. Iron I ignore. I really like the F2. It has found a lot for me. Especially my V nickel. I guess there are anomalies with all detectors right?

MIdigger

Reaction score
I'm really not familiar with the F2, maybe its mineralized ground? Does it have manual or adjustable ground balance? I'm sure you probably read over the manual for it? Ironmountain's good at the trouble shooting, better than I. Maybe he knows. I think he has a Fisher.Speaking of which, Iron where did you dig up this information?? sounds interesting--you should find some goods! Looks like rain for the next 4-5 days so I may not be able to get out. If it holds off I am going to the 2 schools I located. Good luck all.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Out for an hour at the fairgrounds. Another guy was using a Tesoro (never seen their machines before). He had just got started when I was leaving. 2Q, 5D, 6-P and a 1934 Mercury dime!. Looks like we have 5 days of rain coming in so probably not going to be out unless there's a lull in the rain. Good luck all!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Heading back out for a bit after the slight rain we got. Did manage a short hunt the other day and recovered another merc-1919-P this time. Plus, a silver plate fork and knife (scrap metal), and 4 pennies. Interestingly enough, that new 10.25" coil I swapped out with the standard 8" coil on the Bounty hunter 505 detected that knife and fork at 10" of depth. Having to use that while my MXT-pro is in for repairs. Cant complain with the recent finds (using the 505), I think anyone would be happy with those. Good luck all.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Todays finds 4q,4d,5p and a circa 1920s Pie eaters club-Tim enameled button. Its not a pin on type, this one is about 1/2 inch or so, copper, blue enamel with the words in the that. In the center is a guys head. Going to try and clean it up a bit. Hope everyone else is getting some finds. Rain is pushing in for the next few days so might not get out for a bit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn