Some finds from last week

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Went for another creek hunt last week, only just got around to taking photo's.
Left to right= 1 a plain c1900 flask, 2 a John Sutherland cordial in a great green/citron colour from around 1910, 3 an 1850's/60's pickle and a plain 1860's black.
All out of the same area that was used from around 1851 till the 1920's, not a lot for a few hours but it was fun to find (I also got a green crown seal M.B.C.V beer).

Ec89370.jpg

Attachments

• Ec89370.jpg
    Ec89370.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 95

IRISH

Reaction score
It's a George Whybrow pickle, they are unembossed but the registed design is Whybrow's, it has not got the rego' diamond on the base unfortunatly.
I'll take a few more photo's of it on friday, getting a bit dark now and I'm not home tomorrow (digging [:D] ).

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
Hi there,

The Whybrow pickle jar has a beautiful shape and design. I have found something here that looks like your preserve jar. It was found underwater many years ago in Halifax Nova Scotia Canada. Is this jar rare. Is it worth alot. I will post my jar sometime today so we can compare notes.

Cheers

Thierry G. Papion

Aerated

Reaction score
Nice Finds!
Ive got an Amethyst John Sutherland pickle bottle.
Im trying to find info on another Amethyst pickle ive got.
It has "the Johnson Condiment Company" embossed. I have reason to believe it could be Australian. Any onfo would be appreciated

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
Dear Irish

Check under the new posting pre-1900. I am starting a new thread under Whybrow pickle jar. Please give me your impression. I decided to switch to the other category in hopes people might be able to provide more input

Cheers

Thierry[8|]

IRISH

Reaction score
No problemo Thierry, I've posted a reply on your thread, nice bottle. My Whybrow is not very rare or worth a lot but a lot of that age and type of bottle are worth big dollars.

Aerated, I think the Johnson Condiment Co was in Sydney but I'm not sure, I've seen a few of there bottles though and they are Australian.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229